Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Community - Off Topic

Community - Off Topic Something to talk about besides car care? Please discuss it here in this family-friendly forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 07-31-2014

Smile Many Thanks to waxforum!

Hi!

I'm new to the detailing scene and mostly doing it as a hobby.
I've been using turtle products before to work on our cars, my friends, etc.
and was quite pleased with the results. I have this habit of polishing, buffing, and waxing by hand even if i have an orbital polisher as I'm afraid of overdoing it coz I'm an amateur. So, yes this method takes a lot of elbow grease but it keeps me from ruining my paint Usually when I shop for detailing products, the big "M"s scare me off. Mainly because of its prices and a bit intimidating for amateurs like me. But one day I found overspray from one of my cars and was clueless on how to get it off. It was all over the right half, so I googled for a fix and found out about Mother's Claybar kit and wow it went easy even on the windows and I was so impressed on the outcome. These past weekends I'd check this forum for tips, how to's, and products that can replace my old stuff. And now I've just finished detailing only 1/3 of my car but mannn!!! I can clearly see the difference of Mother's products! It's just awesome that I can't wait to thank this forum for all the infos/help i got. Right now I'm using the tips I read on BellaLuna's thread as I'm working on my silver ride. Claybar, Step 1-pre wax, Step 2-micropolishing glaze and FX Synwax. The results are just outstanding, I'll be posting pics later on And yeah I'm still doing it only by hand and it's a LOT easier buffing these products than what I've been using before. Again thank you guys and more power!
Old 08-01-2014

Default Re: Many Thanks to waxforum!

Welcome !!

Tags
thanks mothers