Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Community - Off Topic

Community - Off Topic Something to talk about besides car care? Please discuss it here in this family-friendly forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 04-15-2018

Thumbs up Mothers Formula 1 TV sponsorship

I'll try to keep this short since it's very late. I just finished watching live coverage of the F1 race in China, broadcast by ESPN and sponsored by Mothers, and I wanted to comment right away.

I've watched Formula One racing for decades, on ESPN, NBC, SpeedVision and a few others. The quality of the productions over the years has been - to be kind - extremely varied. One of the worst productions, ever, was the first F1 race this season, the Australian Gran Prix.

I won't bore you with a list of the errors and bad decisions in that F1 race TV production, since it is a very, very long one. It was horrible.

But I will change the tone of this comment by saying that the next two F1 race broadcasts, at Bahrain and today in China, were spectacularly good, the exact opposite of the first race in Australia. And I mean 100% flawless, from start to finish, easily the very best F1 broadcasts I've ever seen in the USA, and I have, very literally, seen every one of them.

I can only guess as to the reason for this 180 degree shift in production values, but I am convinced that the improvement is all due to the only sponsor of the two most recent F1 programs; ... the Mothers company. There were no ads at all during the two most recent races, just an occasional bit of Mothers text in the upper right corner of the screen. Not even one interruption, just non-stop race coverage.

So, thank you, sincerely, Mothers! I will be posting similar over-the-top praise for Mothers at every F1 fan forum I can find, both in the USA and overseas. You did it the right way, and I hope it works out for you!
Closed Thread