Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Marine & RV Care

Marine & RV Care Do you have a boat, RV or other water toy? Ask your questions here. Products from our new Marine Line may be just what you need.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 01-31-2012

Default Mothers Wax/Cleaner on Boat

Hello, new poster here. I have a Ranger bass boat that, according to my fishing buddy, shows my obsessive compulsive disorder ( I clean it every time I come in from fishing). Recently, a fella that I really respect for his knowledge about boats and gel coat told me I should not be putting products like Bass Boat Saver or Bow To Stern on my boat because it contains silicone and silicone can damage gel coat. He suggested I only use a carnauba was like Mothers.....so, I took his advice and bought Mothers cleaner/carnauba wax and redid the boat. My question is - since I like to wax so much, would I be actually removing was if I waxed a second and third time using the cleaner/wax? Should I be using just pure carnuaba over previously waxed areas so as not to remove the orginal coating of wax and build up the wax coatings? Thanks for your help!
Old 01-31-2012
Mothers® Polish

Default Re: Mothers Wax/Cleaner on Boat

The cleaners in a cleaner wax are great for removing light oxidation and imperfections.

But if you're waxing frequently, you don't need the cleaners on the surface that much. Your situation (frequent waxing) is an ideal use of a wax without cleaners, like our Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax. I find the paste is a better value, since you can get 6+ times the applications out of a can compared to a bottle.
Closed Thread