Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Marine & RV Care

Marine & RV Care Do you have a boat, RV or other water toy? Ask your questions here. Products from our new Marine Line may be just what you need.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 04-10-2013

Default Brand new RV and marine wax

We just got our new travel trailer that has a fiberglass exterior including the front. I would like to know if the marine wax can be put over the decals? If not, how cautious does one have to be about not getting it on the decals?

I want to use a cleaning product called LA's Totally Awesome cleaner. It is recommended by many RVers because it is gentle on the exterior. Is it going to be compatible with the marine wax? Or does it simply not matter once the cleaner is rinsed off?

Am also wondering when I want to re-apply more wax, can I just use the Totally Awesome cleaner and then a new coat of wax?

Cleaning and waxing an RV involves a lot of surface area including some work on a step ladder. Is machine buffing an option or is using a cloth the way to go?

Thanks!!
Old 04-11-2013
Administrator

Default Re: Brand new RV and marine wax

Welcome to Wax Forum!

Check your owner's handbook for vinyl care. Usually you can wax over them, but double check to be sure. Definitely avoid compounds or dedicated polishes.

You can use a consumer-friendly random-orbital for wax application, or our PowerBall 4Paint. Remove with a microfiber towel.

Keep in mind that an all purpose cleaner removes wax, so if you don't have the need for a strong cleaner, don't use it; instead try our California Gold Wash & Wax, or our Marine Wash 'n Wax.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Closed Thread