Post Thanks / Like

How powerful is SSR3?

When you get those stuborn swirls on a car that jsut wont come out, will SSR3 bring it to the nextt step with a PC????? How well will SSR3 with the green 2000 edge pad work with stuborn swirls??? I never used SSR 3 before but SSR2.5 works great

Post Thanks / Like
    I have with a megs red and it`s strong stuff - the green edge has more bite than the blue if you can`t get the swirls out with the pc now you might not be generating enough heat to address them and a more aggresive product may not be the answer - a rotary with ssr2 would probably due the trick - some things the PC just can`t do
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    SSR3 is a very aggressive product. I would work it witha polishing pad and let it break down fully. It does break down pretty quickly, but I think a cutting pad would be a bit much and possibly cause some damage to the finish.

Like groebuck said, a PC just may not be powerful enough to do that job. you may have to step up to a rotary and SSR 2.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    SSR3 is a very aggressive compound. It does work well but only with a rotary in the right hands. Not a novice product.

With Aloha,
    Ranney

No Woolpad Butchers Here! EZ Boy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PakShak
    SSR3 is a very aggressive compound. It does work well but only with a rotary in the right hands. Not a novice product.

With Aloha,
    Ranney
    :yeah You`re taking the right steps though - letting the product do the work not the pad, but it is probably time to step up to a rotary. I have some DEEP scratches and some very long scratches that I`ve SSR3`d with my PC equivalent without super success. The DEEP ones will just be softened as I`m running out of courage with my clearcoat at stake. I have just bought a rotary and have some Edge 2000 pads on the way. If this followed by some finishing with the PC doesn`t work I make play with wet sanding - I wont use 1200 like I did on my first go the other week, it was on a practice panel thankfully and took a REALLY long time to get back to orignal look. I used 3 x hits with the PC and SSR3 incidently.

http://www.detailcity.com/forums/sho...&threadid=5420

Just my 2c

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used SSR3 with a cutting pad on my PC more than once without issue.......little to no haze or marring, I follow up with SSR1 to be sure though. Proof :
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Before you try the SSR3, try SSR 2.5 with a yellow edge pad with PC. This combo produced rotary like results for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used SSR3 with a rotary to get out 1500 wetsanding marks out with great success. As always, I would suggest the proper levels below this for optimum results.
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Thread Information