Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Dwayne are you also selling the FMJ for $40?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, anyone that sells this line will need to be at that price point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dwayne If you get to use the product tell us how it is. Im going to be needed some more supplys this season looking forward to having these on the shelf.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Dwayne! We got to talk about this! :phone:

As we name Menzerna products here by code (ex: PO91L, PO91E, PO85RD, etc) I need to find the right equivalence between our codes and your names.

For example, I`m sure the Finishing Touch Glaze is the same stuff I sent you last year, our PO73. It`s yellowish and smells close to AIO. Same application method too.
    What I want is confirm what I think about which is which.

For me:

PO85U = FMJ
    PO85RD = FP II
    PO73 = FTG

and so on...

Please describe me each product as soon as you get them :jump
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Menzerna Glaze and Fmj

Good Day All,

Ive been reading this forum for a while now and I finally decided to join. It`s an excellent forum. Ive been involved in detailing since 1985. No, Im not a professional, but Iv`e had quite a few nice cars throughout the years and Ive always kept them looking better than showroom new.

I have bottles of the new Menzerna glaze and Fmj. I just received them on Friday and I decided to try them on a door pannel on one of my cars.

I have a 2001 black Volvo S60 T5. The car was detailed in September. My routine was washing it with dawn to strip the old wax off. Claying it, polishing it with Finess it II Dual Action Polisher. Then the Klasse twins. Two coats of SG 24hrs appart. In the early spring when I detail again, I usually coat with a topper p21s or Malms carnauba.

Klasse helped protect the paint throughout the winter. It`s been harsh in the NY metro area, and I havent kept up with washings. A few minor swirls in the paint.

I washed the pannel with Dawn, Clayed it, A light Polishing with Menzerna FP, glazed with
    Menzerna glaze, and two coats of fmj 24 hrs appart.

The sun is out today so I took the car out to seem my work. Needless to say, no topper will be needed from now on. The paint looks deep black, almost liquid like a carnauba. Very smooth. I`ll post a picture later tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rufus, welcome to DC. Great to have another Volvo T5 aboard

About the products you just used, please describe how both the glaze and fmj look in color, Which on is yellowish kinda like klasse aio? Also, is the other one white, like a gel? Almost like FP but in white?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t you guys worry about the effects of a cross linking polymer and the fish eyes if you have to repaint?

Post Thanks / Like
    No! :jump

In fact, in a couple of months I`ll have the hood and front bumper of my Volvo repainted cause of the rock chips. It`ll be sanded till the primary, then leveled and repainted. I`m sure no polymers would resist such a treatment :bigscream

Oh, and welcome to DC! :beer

Post Thanks / Like
    Just make sure they actually sand it down to the primer or at least past the clear. Hope they get the color right...color matching is so tough sometimes especially on a single stage paint. Oh yeah, thanks for the welcome.

Boss_429
    jgv,

Have you tried the new "FMJ" yet? If so, what`s your take on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss... I`m sure I did...Just don`t know what it is!

That`s why I`m looking for someone who can compare with me the products.

I believe that NEW FMJ (there) is my NEW PO85U, and if it is, let me tell you it makes a difference! :cool

Till now I always thought of a greatly prepared surface as one doen with IP and FP, but after using this PO85U (is it FMJ?) it`s like if we bring that surface from 2D to 3D! And what a shine!

I`ve prepared the hood of my car like that and then applied in three diferent sections Z5, EX-P and WG.

Either added anything but slickness, PO85U leaves a squeacky clean surface by it-self.

This shows how important the prep is, and if one uses a clear finish sealant, one that doesn`t changes the color properties, the surface condition under it will show!

I hope someone soon tells me if FMJ is either yellow or white at least

Post Thanks / Like
    Jgv

The glaze is yellowish, almost like a pale bananna color and the FMJ is white. The products create an amazing wet look shine, with a depth that is better then P21S or Soverign. As with all detailing, proper surface preperation in a must.

I only did my drivers side door. I couldn`t tell what it really looked like until I brought the car outside. The color depth is clearer and deeper then if the car were topped with 3M IHG or Meg Show Car Glaze.

So far Im very impressed. I cant give you feedback on it`s durability. Im not too worried about cross link polimerization and repainting. I really don`t think any product lasts too long and can be removed with prepsol and scuff sanding the finish prior to painting.

G Peperioni (sorry if I mispelled) brings up a good point though. Im not certain if the issue wasn`t due to cerain silicones in certin products. My friend ownes a body shop, and he cringes when people use tire silicone because It comes off the tires and splashes onto the quarter pannels and can make repainiting difficult if the surface is not properly prepped.

I know back in the early 80`s there were issues with silicone waxes and protectans getting on metal and causing proplems with repainting, especially with laquer paints.

I will be posting a picture soon. Boss 429, I definatly think FMJ gives a great finish, carnauba like depth which is clear. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!

As I thought, my PO73 (the sample I sent Dwayne last year) is the FTG. The FMJ is the PO85U and the FP-II is the PO85RD.

You`re right, they provide great looking finishes, far better than the common ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jgv,

I was wondering if you can buy bulk containers, quarts were your are ???

Are you satisfied with the products ???

Post Thanks / Like
    This are the products used on the assembly line by Mercedes and Porsche in Germany.

Menzernas are Tops!

I`m very satisfied with them, we just don`t have the hype you guys have there...My supplier wanted me to buy 6 bottles packs of each :bigscream , then I`ve found one that sells me by the bottle.

They just don`t know how to use them here, they are satisfied with the result of S34 alone with no extra step.

As I described before, this PO85U (that jelly white so called FMJ) over FP brings 3D to the finish. I topped it with Z1/Z5, PB EX-P and WG sealant. Neither increased more than the slickness of the finish.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information