Post Thanks / Like

How Do I Determine Type of Leather Seating? What to Use For Cleaning & Conditioning?

The car is a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme convertible with a graphite/black interior. I`m the 2nd owner, and have a couple of questions about caring for the leather seating.

The Owner`s Manual describes the leather cleaning process as follows: "Use a soft cloth with lukewarm water and a mild soap or saddle soap." Does that give any of you detailing experts a clue to what type of leather this is, and which products you would recommend for this interior? I`ve seen other posts that say UV protection is important.

The left side of the driver`s seat cushion is cracked and split open. I`m getting that repaired at an upholstery shop, and am interested in learning how to take care of the seating so this does not happen again. The other seats all look fine.

I am assuming that the seating is leather only where you come in contact with the seat, and the rest is vinyl. Would that be a correct asumption?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can share.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use warm water and soap, but I would suggest you use Lexol, or Paltinum leather cleaner and conditioner. You can get both of those threw this site. On rag tops I have detailed cars that have real bad dyrning on the leather from leaving the top down. I condtion that leather every month in the summer months to keep in top condition.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information