Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Special Care

Special Care Headlights, rubber and plastic trim, taillight lenses, glass, convertible tops -- all your special finish needs are discussed here.

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2007

Default Protectant and Trim Work.

Gentlemen.
You all know by now what a fan I am of Back To Black.
Today was a day for step 3 replenishment, and prior to actually starting, my good lady wife said that I'd been a little neglectful of the inside, and remove what little dust there might have been.
To that end the thick grey woollen seat covers and the rest of the inside got a good going over with the vacuum to fluff the seat covers up.
The good lady also mentioned that the dash, and the plastics might benefit from a going over with a Protectant.

Here's where I might sidetrack into philosophy again.
Occasionaly I bemoan the fact that some Mothers products are not available here in Australia, and some, long since out of production, are still on the shelves. I grumble under my breath and await the day, occasionally mentioning those old products on the Forum, and thinking that the Mothers Staff wish that I wouldn't actually mention products no longer being made.
Today, I realised that I'm basically the same as those erstwhile shopkeepers.

When I purchased my original 'swag' of Mothers products, the store owner who gladly and thankfully saw to my quite large order was between orders from his Supplier. He'd just expired the last bottle of Mothers Preserves, and was awaiting the new Mothers Protectant. Funny thing is though, I was in there the other day, and there's another couple of bottles of Preserves mysteriously back on the shelf.
Anyway, he had no Protectant, and he sold me a bottle of 303, reassuringly informing me that it was better anyway.
Not bad, better than the Armorall, and not greasy and giving a matt finish which I preferred.
In the year since, I have acquired other Mothers products, and one of them was a new bottle of Mothers Protectant.
Like the storekeeper wants to expire old stock, I did the same, and expired the 303, quite happily, and today was the first time I tried the Mothers Protectant.

Tony.

"Old man look at my life, I'm a lot like you were."------Neil Young.