Post Thanks / Like

Newbie that needs help deciding

Hi everyone. Have been reading now for a couple days to the point of confusion. I have 2 vehicles, 1 a year old, 1 three weeks old. I want to keep them both looking good but I do not want to be a fanatic about it. Both are daily drivers. Both are silver in color. My wife commutes about 40 miles per day in the year old one and I commute 90 miles a day in the new one.I was a fanatic about my 69 Vette but with all I have read I was even doing that wrong. Can I just wash with a good car wash and proceed to an AIO like Klasse or Poorboys Polish with carnauba? Would this be suffice for the results I am looking for? The year old vehicle did get a coat of Meg Gold Class before winter. The new car had whatever prep the dealer did, I assume a wash and maybe some detailing spray of some kind, but just a guess. Thank you for any input you all may have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to DC rd36mnm!

Klasse AIO and Poorboy`s Polish with Carnauba are both excellent one-step products. Each can be used to maintain the finish on daily drivers. PwC will provide a little more glow than AIO, probably due to the added carnauba content. If you can dedicate time to apply either of these 3-4 times a year, you should be very happy with the results. If your one year old car has some "cobwebbing" or other surface marring, it may benefit from a preceding swirl removal type of product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you MUST clay.

I`ve learned that it`s all about surface preparation.

:welcome
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    awd330, JimS.....thank you.
    I kinda thought someone would bring up clay. I have never done it before but it can`t be that hard to figure out. After clay, will I be able to move on to an AIO or will there now be a necessity to use a swirl removal product? Also, once I get ready to proceed, is microfiber towels the way to go or cotton? Out of curiosity, if I went the extra step and put a sealant over the AIO, what would I gain on daily drivers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by rd36mnm
    After clay, will I be able to move on to an AIO or will there now be a necessity to use a swirl removal product? Also, once I get ready to proceed, is microfiber towels the way to go or cotton? Out of curiosity, if I went the extra step and put a sealant over the AIO, what would I gain on daily drivers?
    The necessity for a swirl removal step depends on the condition of your vehicle, not whether or not you previously used clay. Either AIO or PwC will be able to remove any remaining clay residue.

For applying AIO or PwC by hand, I like to use a cotton covered foam applicator to provide a little cleaning "bite". For wiping off AIO or PwC, high quality microfiber towels are best.

A sealant will generally provide longer lasting protection than AIO or PwC alone. (Examples of compatible sealants: Poorboy`s EX or EX-P, Four Star UPP, Klasse SG.)

Post Thanks / Like
    OK........got it. I will clay to make sure surface is properly prepped. Paint is in great shape so I should be able to avoid a swirl removal step. I will use one of the above AIO and decide last minute whether or not to add sealant. Thanks again for making it seem much easier now.

Thread Information