Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Tire & Wheel Care

Tire & Wheel Care Whether you have hubcaps, clearcoated factory alloy, or custom wheels worth thousands, you'll want them to look their best. Metal polishing is also discussed here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 06-29-2009

Default Cleaning tools

Hello, I'm new to the forums but I always use Mother's wax for polishing my rims and other peoples wheels/rims. My question is, I currently polish alot of rims by hand mainly but I'm starting to get a lot of clients that want me to do this for them. So i'm starting a small business and I need good professional tools to help speed up my cleaning times and will do a good job. Do you guys recommend a buffer or will your powerball or powercone do just a good of a job as buffers? If not, can you recommend the correct professional cleaning tools to start my business? And where I could get them? Thanks.

jeff
Old 06-29-2009
Administrator

Default Re: Cleaning tools

Welcome to Wax Forum!

If you're polishing wheels that have surface scratches and oxidation, it's hard to beat the PowerBall line, which includes the original PowerBall, PowerBall Mini and new PowerCone.

With either of those polishing tools you can use either a metal polish (e.g., Mag & Aluminum, PowerMetal or Billet Polish), a chrome polish (e.g., Chrome Polish) or even a polish for clearcoated wheels (e.g., our PowerPlastic).

There are many types of wheels and wheel finishes, so you'll likely be on the hunt for specialized tools by other makers should you run across a particular challenge.

If you have wheels with damage or pitting, then you're getting into the refinishing realm and we really don't deal with that -- with the exception of our PowerBall Mini MD that is designed to help work out curb rash and it also involves sanding and our Scratch Removing Polish.

A handy tip is using FX Spray Wax on any wheel to help protect the shine -- spray a little on the cloth as well as the wheel and wipe.
Old 06-29-2009

Can you tell me about each product and what they are specifically for? Whats the powerball mainly for? The powercone?, powerball mini, etc? I may want to buy each but the description on the website doesn't tell a whole lot. What would you use on billet wheels, which tool? Chrome wheels, which tool? Thanks.

jeff
Old 06-29-2009
Mothers® Polish

The tools can be used on any type of rim - they are different sizes/shapes to get in to smaller areas.

The key is to use the proper polish depending on finish. On a billet rim, use Billet Polish. On a chrome rim, use Chrome Polish. On a bare aluminum rim, use Mag & Aluminum or Power Metal. On a coated rim, use Plastic Polish or Power Plastic.
Old 06-29-2009

Here's the link for the Powerline:
http://www.motherspowerball.com/index.html
You can click on the products to see a brief write up on each.

Here are some how to videos as well:
http://www.mothers.com/03_how/03_how_00.html
Old 06-29-2009
Administrator

More videos:

PowerCone Demo
PowerBall Demo
PowerBall Mini Demo
Closed Thread