Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 06-12-2013

Default California Gold Micro-Polishing Glaze, abrasive or not?

Hi!

This is my first post in the waxforum. Before asking my question, I would like to thank everyone in this forum. This forum has helped me maintain my beloved car.

So here it goes. I recently bought the California Gold Micro-Polishing Glaze because i wanted to remove/fill some swirls on my car paint. Upon using it, my expectation was exceeded! My car paint got a really deep shine even before I topped the Glaze with some Mothers FX SynWax.

Now I'm thinking of using it regularly every time I would wax (which is weekly, OCD right there hahaha ). But I'm worried if the California Gold Micro-Polishing Glaze would be (even a little) abrasive and would remove some of the clear coat.

So is the California Gold Micro-Polishing Glaze abrasive?
If not, is it fine to use it every time I wax the car?
If it is abrasive, what other Mothers product can I use together with the FX SynWax to achieve the deep shine I get when I use FX SynWax with the Micro-Polishing Glaze?

Thanks in advance for the answers!
Old 06-12-2013

Default Re: California Gold Micro-Polishing Glaze, abrasive or not?

I will let Mothers give the official word on the Micro-Polishing Glaze but doubt it would any issues. As for waxing, you can wax as often like.
Old 06-12-2013
Administrator

Abnot's correct, Micro-Polishing Glaze could be used pretty much as often as you like -- but if you might just consider using it only every other time you wax, only because it is still so fresh it wouldn't be necessary, except perhaps in rainy season.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Old 06-12-2013

Weekly waxing seems too frequent.. though I doubt it will cause any long term problem with the paint, it might prove costly (financially speaking). I would instead use spray wax weekly or after every car wash. It saves time, and really boosts the wax's durability and keeps the paint feeling slick.
Closed Thread