Post Thanks / Like

anyone use langka before successfully?

www.langka.com

i purchased some, and while it works as advertised (removes touch up paint), ive had a hard time filling chips and especially fixing scratches with it. i always seem to remove all the paint.

has anyone used it to any degree of success? any tips?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive used it with mixed sucess. First off let me say that it will never work as good as the little illustration shows. You know, the three part one with the paint chip, then the touch up blob, then the perfect surface. At best, it will be filled it with just a small outline around where the chip was. As for my experience with it, I find that it works best on paint chips and not as well on scratches. I got my best results when I put multiple layers of touch up paint, then rubbed the surface with a peice of a t-shirt with that plastic card underneth. I think the key is to rub fast, but not hard. try to put minimal pressure but rub it for a longer amount of time. Stop rubbing periodically and check the surface underneth. The idea is to stop as soon as you can, once all the excess paint is removed. Usually, after I do that entire process, I let it sit for a while to cure, then i put one more thin layer of paint on, and do it all again. After that, I put on a cleaner wax to protect the paint, and forgot about it. All in all, I think my results were good, but not great. It looks much better than a chip in the paint, but its a lot of work and the results aren`t quite perfect. It really doesn`t work that well for scratches. The best results Ive gotten so far with those are to just get the scratch to be the color of the paint, but not filled in or shinny. Hope all of this helps. Feel free to ask me anything else.

Charles
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Thread Information