Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars #40 review w/ pics

well I landed on a free bottle of #40 the other day at NAPA so I decided what the heck I might as well try it out.

I tried it on tires, trim and tonnue cover.

I tired it some trim around the door handle that had some white residue on it from a previous detail that I was having trouble removing. Well I applied a litltle #40 to a Meguiars Yellow Pad and went to work on it. After very little rubbing and very light pressure the white residue was gone and there was nothing left but a nice shine. It seemed to dry kind of greasy so I gave it a final buff with a terry towel and the greasy feel was gone. After getting wet by rain and a wash or to it still looks good and it didnt streak at all.

I then applied it to the tires. Again it left a slightly better than stock look to the tires. Just that kind of look where you could tell there was something else on them. Not real overwhelming or shiney. I really like the look it provided.
    Again felt greasy after intial application but after a buff with a terry towel about 1/2 hr later it was gone.

The Tonnue cover was very dirty and filthy from dust. I washed it first but water and soap have never gotten this thing very clean. I applied the #40 and it did take alot to get it clean and shiney but it did do it. Again it felt very oily and greasy so I waited half an hour and buffed with terry cloth. It subduied the greasy feel but it was still kind of greasy. Well to late it started to rain before I could get it wiped again. It left streak marks down across the paint and for some reason it is still doing it when it gets wet. Its been on there about a week now and it still lets streak marks on the paint but the cover looks great.

I am not sure if the streaking from the tonnue is because of the mass amount that was used to cover it and clean it or not but there is no streaking from the door handles or other trim that it was applied to so I am beleiving it was due to the amount used and the mass coverage area.

All in all a great product that does a awesome job of cleaning. Been on over a week with 2 washes and rained on about everyday and it still looks 75% as good as it did the day I applied it.

Here is some pics:

Before pic of the door handle. You can see the white residue Iwas talking about.

Here is the after shot. No more white stuff and a nice shine is left behind.

Here is a before shot of the tire. It was cleaned with Castrol Super Clean.

Here it is after the #40.

Here is the tonnue cover. Left side is after #40 right side is untouched. Sorry didnt get a very good before pic and the after couldnt happen do to the rain.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried it on my dash..must say I really like it!! no fakey leather smell - smells very much like new plastic/vinyl to give back that new car smell!
    You have activated my special ability....

Thread Information