Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crystal Guard

Post Thanks / Like
    Beemer- did you use the Quick, or the pro products?

Post Thanks / Like
    This car was the quick or the one that you use to maintain the finish it was free. I used PB p[olish with carnuba to start then the quick spray.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Perpetual Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a lot of controversy surrounding this product. I`d be interested to know what you think about it in 6 months, about how it looks and its value. Pinnacle Souveran is considered outrageously expensive at $60 a can, but the jar lasts for 30 applications and its appearance is unquestioned.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Where is this controversy? I would like to read about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Crystal Guard

Guys, there has been a big debate/review on Crystal Guard on Autopia.

Here`s the link: Crystal Guard review

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing there. I entered the site and couldn`t find it with the search engine. What is the gist of the problem with CG?

Post Thanks / Like

Crystal Guard

Ace,

Nothing there? It`s an 8 page posting!!!

You have to be a member to view posts, that may be your problem.

Regards,
    Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Perpetual Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny, no one has actually stated what the problem is.

Also, I volunteered to do a fair and impartial test on my own car, and to report the results to the forum there. I exchanged information with Mr Campos, and now I have not heard from him since 8/26. I am assuming he has decided that a test cannot benefit him; if he knows that a fair test will report the product as less than what he claims, then it does not benefit him to have his product tested. But if he finds a reason to avoid the test, then the product maintains its mystique and remains marketable. Perhaps he believes that he cannot get a fairand impartial test, that in order for someone to believe in a product he/she must have a considerable sum invested first (I do not say that facetiously, but seriously. One sees what one wants to see, and while money cannot buy happiness, it can buy belief; "The Emperor`s New Clothes" is a very, very old fable.)

I`m not expecting the product to ever arrive. It`s no big deal to me, I have lots and lots of stuff that works great, I simply enoy testing products and reporting my results. I find the process of testing, observing and sharing very rewarding, and I would have liked to see CG for myself. Remember, though, we all know that it`s the process, not the product...

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom

To begin with Mr.Campos is a sales guy for CG and has no authority to have you test the product. You are right it would do him no good, I have it on my Jeep and at this point have no findings that its any better than any other sealant that I have ever used. Having said that it does not seem to be any worst for that matter.
    What it looks like down the road remains to be seen, but I sure will let the forum in on what I find. As for the application its ALLOT easier than any I have uesd

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Perpetual Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it seems I spoke too soon; the package just got placed on my desk. I`ll let you know my opinion of it.

Beemerboy, do you have a vested interest in this product? Just curious, there`s nothing wrong with that if you do. Personally, I hope it`s great. There`s nothing like having another fine product available. But, for the money, I`d like to have more than 2 applications.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom

I have no vested interest in the company other than I am going to be distributor for them here in Northern CA. I have been to there faculty and seen the cars that they work on. Beside CG they do allot of custom work on car bodies and super high end audio. The cars that I saw with CG looked like glass much like what my jeep does currently. I`m looking for a good product line to sell in the off season of detailing or during the rain. I`m hoping like yourself that its just a good durable product that I can make some cash selling, while making customer happy.

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn`t resist - Bought a large CGQ. Hopefully, I`ll have a chance to use it soon. Says it lasts 4 months. I would be happy to get 2 months out of anything. Klasse claims to protect for 6 months and nobody gets on their case about it.

Perpetual Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to use it on my Malibu, but like I said, I hadn`t received the product and did a detail on the Mal over Labor Day with Liquid Souveran.

I don`t want to do the Trailblazer because it`s too big; I hate doing SUVs, all those roof racks and running boards.

The red Maita is my show car, and I have a hard time keeping away from polishing it long enough to test longevity:

But, I think I`m going to do it on the Miata anyhow. That`s the car that already has a glassy starting point, swirl free and all. I`m most interested in appearance and durability, so I`ll apply the CG as the winter protection (yes, it`s a 4 seasons car).

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t tried the product, but I just read the posts over at Autopia. The owner of the company said that the Quick is meant as a maintenance product for the Pro and that is not how it`s sold on the website, which touts the Quick as having all the benefits of the Pro in one step. Still, i`m willing to give the Quick a fair test and make up my own mind. Fortunately, I can afford the $40 + shipping, which is certainly not alienated from reality in these days of $1000 cans of paste wax. The ZFX/Z5 combo costs $37 as I recall. I`m sort of thinking that the Quick may make a great product for low-impact, hard to detail areas of the car. We`ll see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information