Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang pre cleaner..PC pads??

Finally got a half decent day up here in New England yesterday..grabbed my cartons of stuff and went to the driveway. Did a wash on the black Benz with a sample of Pinnacle soap..(Thanks, Tom P)..nice product..but not as nice as I was hoping for..by the way Tom..I got some NXT soap for us to try...I then used the Wolfgang pre cleaner with the MF applicator..I tried to use the products just as the outlined in the enclosed directions....goes on easy..I did NOT rub it in..I applied it to the paint...went all around the vehicle, then went back to remove...nice...shiny..glossy..clear....then applied the Gloss with the foam applicator...very thin..let it sit about 45 minutes...wiped off with the green MF in the kit. Very nice glow to the black paint..this product gives a different result than UPP and Blackfire..IMHO...it`s more of a glow..it does offer some hiding ability..covers up some minor spider webs. I was very impressed..did not see any of the oilyness others described..I DID put it on very thin. I must admit, I can never leave well enough alone, so..I waited about 2 hours and added a coat of S100...sheeesh..even nicer! My wife even noticed how clear the reflections were...very sharp and clear...this stuffs a keeper.....except for the QD...didn`t care for it..not up to par with Quick Shine.
    Now..my question for other users..what pads were people using with the PC? I`m assuming a white polishing pad on 4 with the pre cleaner..and maybe a beige finish pad with the Gloss??
    :headbang
    "Be right in, honey...I`m almost done!"

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the white pad with the polish. It gave some great results. I still applied the sealant with a Viking Handi-grip foam app.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a orange pad that is designed for cutting. I wanted to work the polish into the paint to take off any swrils that I had
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    I pulled the wife`s car out in the sun today to inspect the cobwebs I saw in her trunk Saturday. All I can say is that I had to really look from different angles to be able to see just a few and then only very slightly. They were noticalbe easily even under the carport Saturday after using the Wolfgang`s. The thing is, it obviously had to cure before doing it`s thing. I`m really very impressed.
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Thread Information