Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Koop
    shows who has a life around here JGV. We Registered the same month!
    But I had a lot more to learn, right?... and my new baby hasn`t born yet, let`s see how it`ll be then
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Posh you know a lot more than i do jgv. Just not about detailing. Your getting there though. You`ve come a LONG way in the short time you`ve been here. Congrats. I think your my suggestion for best improved detilor on dc in the last year!
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am mainly going there for the Sloan School of Business Managment.

Major: Buisness Managment
    Minor: Audio Engineering
    Concentration: Marketing
    Possible 2nd Concentration: Acoustical Engineering

The 1st three coincide because I seriously want to go work for a high-end audio company somewhere Krell, Harmon Kardon, REF, Definitive, Klipsch, Infinity, Boston Acoustics you name it. I want to go into the managment side of the buisness, because thats where I feel I am stronger, however I want to be able to understand what the engineers are talking about when they give reports, thus the minor. The 1st concentration is quite obvious, in the world of audio, its all about getting your name out there. Some of the best speakers in the world, are not well known at all. The 2nd concentration is a continuation of the minor, considering the fact that acoustics is basically trigonometry and physics, and would coincide with the electrical and mechanical engineering requirements of the minor.

Thanks for the intrest everyone.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    That`s awesome tassadar. I`m somewhat of an audiophile myslef. I just wish i had more money to expolre the hobby. I`ve taken a few studio/engineering classes as well as some other music/sound dynamc theory classes. I got really into it after working on my instrumental performance on the clarinet back in highschool and for a while after. It would be a great feild to go into. I`m headed back to school finaly after my 2 years off doing what i`m doing now to pursue becoming a professor of theology. Good luck on your adventure. I`m ruttin for ya to make it into mit. That would really be great.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I havebeen to MIT more times than I can count. I go every single fall to a program they run, and it astounds them that a kid from Oklahoma goes all the way to Boston every year, for a program designed for high school kids from the area. But I go nonetheless because I feel more at home there, than I do here. The knowledge eminating from those buildings is overpowering, I am in pure joy just walking around that campus.

I just dont know if I am a smart enough kid to make it, when it comes down to it, in the grand scheme of things, im nothing more than an average kid.

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    grades shmades i got a 2.4 gpa in high school but was in the top 98% of my class on the act. And we had 15 4.0 student in a class of 320. I hate how colleges look at them. Only reason i`m not going to my school of choice now. Oh well Classes are easier and farr cheeper at tech school. I`ll make it to UW madison next year or the year after.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    You see I make decent grades, and I have good ACT & SAT scores. But those are not my best qualities.

I love to sing, and I love buisness. Thats why I started detailing cars, I like to talk to people and figure out just what it is they want. I like to market myself and sell my work, its just exciting to me.

I just hope I can convince them that I am better than the average Joe (with the exception of Joe of course ). I am far more determined to achieve than my friends who make better grades. They seem to just walk right into class, get good grades, and not have to work. Me one the other hand, i work, I study, and I never give up even when I do badly (I nearly failed a class this year because of the teacher holding a family-based grudge, I switched classes and pulled myself from a 39 to a 84 in just 6 weeks), I just hope i can show MIT that its not just about what I want from them, but what it is that I can offer to them as a student.

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Tassadar
    \(I nearly failed a class this year because of the teacher holding a family-based grudge, I switched classes and pulled myself from a 39 to a 84 in just 6 weeks
    I shouldn`t be proud of myself for this but i once went from a 28 to a 93 in two weeks because i hadn`t turned in a single assignment for the entire symester. Did the work and took a test i missed when i was sick and turned it all in. I loved my physics teacher. She was very understanding about my slackage. I hate teachers with grudges though. That is always the worst. I`m sorry to hear you had to put up with that. Personal agenda`s from someone like that can royal screw your future. I had a friend in high school who got a 3.98 because of ONE bad grad from a teacher who hated his older brother who the theacher had 2 years prior.

On another note (pun intended) I love to sing as well. It`s nice knowing there are others who share my passions on the board as well as just detailing.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have so many things that I love and am dedicated to. It seems that my friend, who is a genius on paper alone, is somewhat aloof. He stays at home, doesnt work, doesnt even mow the lawn or take out the trash. He is nearly 18 years old, and still cannot drive. But yet, on paper alone, he is QUITE impressive; but as a person, he is not so much so.

Sadly enough, he has a better chance getting in than me. Even though he has no drive behind getting in. Wanting to go to a school with all of your heart for nearly 6 years is not worth anything.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So what is it about Natty that through everyone for a loop? I mean I must have stated at least a dozen times that I shaved my head and liked krispy kreme donuts!

Did you`all expect someone younger, older, slimmer...what? You`ve peaked my curiosity.

JGV....that second pic is great. Daddy`s little girl.....I bet she has you wrapped around her finger! I have a 6 y/o daughter who could pretty much make me turn to putty with just a smile.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I pictured this tall skinny guy. With a bit of a gut. Not a WWF wrestler. heh heh
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Koop ...you wouldn`t want to wrestle Natty....first he`ll squirt the Krspy Creme doughnut in your face and then stuble you with his head...roflmao
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Koop
    I pictured this tall skinny guy. With a bit of a gut. Not a WWF wrestler. heh heh

I didn`t realize that Natty was a WWF kinda of guy

Better be carefull what you say around here or else Natty might be cleaning some house

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    roflmao.....oh geez, thats it for Natty pics!

Then again, look how far Jesse Ventura has gone! LOL Now all I need is a feathered boa and some outrageous sun glasses!

And listen up Poorboy, I suppose rather than squirting Krispy Kreme filling at someone you would just scare em` off by throwing a few shrimp toasts and Moo Goo Gai Pan? LOL

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Natty it would be the head dunk into the Sweat and Sour sauce and then fried rice in the eyes....pinned

If anyone of you ever saw an old Natty picture ..you wouldn`t believe it
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information