Thread: good cleanup..?

Post Thanks / Like

good cleanup..?

I`m going back to school on Wednesday and I really want my Jeep to look its best. Last weekend I did a very detailed cleaning inside and out. Outside was polished with #7 and topped with GC. Monday or Tuesday I`ll probably re-dress the tires and wheel wells, as well as do a quick cleanup on the inside. My question is what can I do to really make the exterior stand out. I was thinking just another coat of #7 but that will only last a few days. Maybe #7 and then a coat of QD on top of it?

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like the #7 topped with GC would be good to go with again. Especially since you already have both products.

Personally, I would just put a fresh application of the Gold Class on it.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CharlesW
    Seems like the #7 topped with GC would be good to go with again. Especially since you already have both products.

Same here, maybe even some meg`s spray wax would be good since the paint is in such good shape already. Either way you go I think the jeep will look great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats what i was thinking, another polish and coat of wax, but i was wondering if it would be too soon considering I did just do this last weekend!

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    To me, the #7 probably is overkill in this case. More GC isn`t going to hurt anything a week later. (Or an hour later, for that matter.) The thing it will do, is give you a chance to cover any areas you might have missed the first time. The freshly waxed appearance won`t hurt anything, either.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to read some FAQ`s on polishing to help answer this question.

If you hang out long enough you`ll hear the pros tell you the secret to exterior detailing and shine.

SURFACE PREP

I offer as evidence hotrodders. Many of these guys REFUSE to put wax or sealant on their cars!

The idea is to clean your surface WELL, then repair any paint defects you can fix, polish to remove buffer marks and create a perfect finish (you can actually stop here and your car should look great) or finish with wax/sealant to add durability to outdoor cars and daily drivers.

When you put #7 over a wax what you get is wax removal if you work it, or you simply replenish oils in the wax if you just apply it like wax. A good quick detailer like final inspection or poorboy`s QD+ can do the same thing and is easier and cheaper to use!

Hope this helps and any pros out there please chime in or correct me if I misrepresented any facts.
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have swirls I would compound the car then apply a nice Sealent + Wax and it will look good. Interior I would extract carpet if thats not avalible I would shampoo then Vaccumm clean dash and everything then dress etc.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    this is my daily driver and does take abuse, I will be washing it but i`m trying to decide what to finish it off with..

Thread Information