Post Thanks / Like

Question - Best long lasting finish combo?

I may get linched for saying this, but I hate having to polish and wax...it`s a pain in me arse!...I have a black 350z and I want a long lasting yet great looking finish without having to spend every other weekend rewaxing. Plus I figure the less I lay hands on the finish the less I`ll manage to screw it up. It`s a 2 month old car but the paint already has some minor swirls/spiderwebs because I suck at this hehe.

I figured I would start with a good cleaner like P21S Paintwork Cleanser, OR Meguier`s Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner

I hear the following combinations are good alternatives to the classic polish / carnuba combo that will last longer but still give great shine and depth:

Klasse All-In-One with
    Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze
    OR Meguiar`s Paste Wax #16

OR

Zaino Z-5 with Zaino Z-2

What do you folks think of my choices? good? bad? give up and take it to a detailer? go buy a grey car?

Post Thanks / Like
    The best part of detailing is that I love taking a cars paint to the deepest, wettest, shiniest, etc. look possible ... to me it is fun (well sometimes) so if you don`t likme doing it and just want to enjoy your car ... find a good detailer. However, if you want to learn how to make your car the best looking in the neighborhood and take pride in having done it yourself ...
    Hang around DC and ask away!
    Don`t know anything about Zaino but Klasse and or Meguiars should do the trick
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    bigron likes the way kim details cars
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Originally posted by kimwallace
    The best part of detailing is that I love taking a cars paint to the deepest, wettest, shiniest, etc. look possible ... to me it is fun (well sometimes) so if you don`t likme doing it and just want to enjoy your car ... find a good detailer. However, if you want to learn how to make your car the best looking in the neighborhood and take pride in having done it yourself ...
    Hang around DC and ask away!
    Don`t know anything about Zaino but Klasse and or Meguiars should do the trick
    yeah I`m lookin for a schoolin...I`m WAY too cheap to spend a couple Bennys getting the car waxed each month

Post Thanks / Like
    This procedure should help

100% Handwash
    Clay the vehicle with Meguiars detailing clay and Final inspection
    Rinse the vehicle off again & dry
    Hand polish / Color X
    Medallion paint protection / Meguairs gold class wax [X2]
    Meguiars paste wax #16

Kim makes a VERY good points in her statement. Good luck

Boss_429
    The only product that I`ve ever used that has come close to Zaino as far as durability is concerned, was Klasse. I think either would look gread on your 350Z................ provided you like that "type" of look on a black vehicle. The look will definetely be "saran wrap/candy coated". If you like that look, you`ll be fine, or you can top with a good carnauba that doesn`t contain any cleaners.

As the others have hinted, there are other products that will also work nicely, and may provide a look you prefer.......... although, they may not provide the durability of "Z" or Klasse.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    To set the record straight ...
    kimwallace is a guy!!
    No Offense taken ... I still blame my mom
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    You think you got problems - my brother "judy" gets it all the time :lol

If you were looking for the best results with the least amout of time and effort I would go with AIO/PS21 as a combo - the AIO will clean and seal and the PS21 topper will look great. As others suggested you might want to start off with more effort -

so
    Wash
    Clay
    AIO
    PS21

then you can maintain it with a weekly washing and QD and wax once a month with PS21 (it`s really easy on easy off). Cycle a 6 month full detail again and you should get maximum bling with minimum effort.
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by kimwallace
    To set the record straight ...
    kimwallace is a guy!!
    No Offense taken ... I still blame my mom
    Well.....*snicker* maybe Ron is a Woman :hah

If not you better hope Bush loses :kneel

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by groebuck
    You think you got problems - my brother "judy" gets it all the time :lol

If you were looking for the best results with the least amout of time and effort I would go with AIO/PS21 as a combo - the AIO will clean and seal and the PS21 topper will look great. As others suggested you might want to start off with more effort -

so
    Wash
    Clay
    AIO
    PS21

then you can maintain it with a weekly washing and QD and wax once a month with PS21 (it`s really easy on easy off). Cycle a 6 month full detail again and you should get maximum bling with minimum effort.
    Yeah I think that`s pretty much sounding like the way to go...2 questions 1) do I really need to clay on a brand new car (although it could have been sitting on a lot for the past year for all I know) or is the paintwork cleaner by p21s enough.... and 2) the Meguiars #16 wax is supposed to hold up in heat and last a couple months...do you think it would give similar results with a little less waxing.....or am I just hoping to have and eat the cake?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest a clay anyway - they arent that hard to use and it doesnt tkae much time. I had just clayed my mom`s MDX about 2 weeks ago so I didnt clay this time around and theres a lot of rough spots on the car now. P21S gives awesome results - very deep shine that Im sure is excellent on dark cars. It is some of the easiest stuff i have ever used - on and off - thats it! They even supply the applicator! I would reccomend it over the meg`s, but thats just my opinion. I think the aio/P21s is a great way to go. Just make sure you clean it nicely this first time and after that it will not be as hard! Just keep it washed and probably invest in a good Quick Detail spray! That way you can shine it up without completely waxing - great for quickly making it look good befre you go out on a sat night!!!
    1998 Acura 3.0Cl - Clean, just how I like it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with my bud Zymol - you should clay - rail dust, contaminents what have you - it can`t hurt and only adds a little more time to your initial detail.

You can get a clay magic or mother`s clay kit at most auto parts stores for 9-11 bucks.
    You have activated my special ability....

Thread Information