Boss_429

EX Review War Stinks!

Following the recent "EX review war" at Autopia, I find myself a little disturbed by the intent of the reviews.

It`s obvious by the ratings that some people are not reviewing the product on it`s pros/cons. For example, when someone rates EX with an "Ease of Use" rating of a 1, that person is doing it for one of two reasons:

1. Either he or she, has absolutely no detailing skills, or simply can`t follow basic directions/instructions.

2. He or she has other "motives" that have nothing to do with the products performance.

Having said that, I sure hope that other people don`t see the need to retaliate and stoop to the same level as those individuals. That would be equally disturbing, and quite possibly, equally misleading.

This message was paid for by "The Committie on Common Sense, and Decency"!

Post Thanks / Like
    Amen brother !
    I love EX and can`t think of too many other products that go on and come off as easily. If anyone has trouble with the application have them call me and I`ll send over my pet monkey. He`s a master with EX !!! :crazy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: EX Review War Stinks!

Originally posted by Boss_429
    Following the recent "EX review war" at Autopia, I find myself a little disturbed by the intent of the reviews.

It`s obvious by the ratings that some people are not reviewing the product on it`s pros/cons. For example, when someone rates EX with an "Ease of Use" rating of a 1, that person is doing it for one of two reasons:

1. Either he or she, has absolutely no detailing skills, or simply can`t follow basic directions/instructions.

2. He or she has other "motives" that have nothing to do with the products performance.

Having said that, I sure hope that other people don`t see the need to retaliate and stoop to the same level as those individuals. That would be equally disturbing, and quite possibly, equally misleading.

This message was paid for by "The Committie on Common Sense, and Decency"!

I have to agree 100% Boss. I was even considering installing the Product Review software at DC but only if the reviews are with the intent of providing factual, helpful and unbiased information.

No product bashing, slamming and... no over-hyping to retailiate.

Post Thanks / Like
    I read bretfraz` review on EX. Bret seems like a nice enough fellow. I don`t think he sells any product line but I could be wrong. He stated that he received a sample of EX. I am wondering if he received something else instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some guys seem to bash everything else that it`s not Zaino.
    In fact it`s ridiculous how they get so narrow minded that they build arguments against everything else, either it`s EX or NXT or whatever that isn`t Zaino.

They are the reason why I kept from trying Zaino for so long, I didn`t want to use what they used, till recently, when I decided their opinion didn`t matter at all to me, mostly cause reviews like those shows exactly what Boss said, that their reviews must not be taken in consideration .
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Boss_429
    jgv,

Exactly! People are smart enough to figure out who`s giving them the "BS" pretty quickly. It doesn`t matter whether it`s "pro BS", or "anti BS". After reading enough of certain peoples posts/reviews, most people are going to say: "Hey............ that doesn`t sound right!" In both cases, it gets to be almost comical! Anyway, those individuals lose their credibility rather quickly, and in the end, neither "side" helps the people that it should be helping............ and that is what places like this SHOULD be used for!

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, are you following this http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...816#post326816

the Geeky one is asking for ban an`all! :bigscream (NXT....What else?)
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys...

I just added my review of EX on autopia. I did not do it just to offset the recent negative reviews, but because I feel that after almost four months of using EX, I feel it`s a top-notch product.

Boss_429
    jgv,

Read a little bit of it, not following it now.............. just more of the "same old, same old"!

Chris Y.

Nothing wrong with that................ that`s what reviews are supposed to be about! Unfortunately, your timing will cause it to be viewed by others as "pro hype"!

All that aside................. if you like the product............. that`s all that matters!

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had just noticed this earlier today. What is funny is how divided the reviews are. Those that like the product really like it and those that don`t really don`t. Not much middle ground to be found. I was especially amused at the 1 on the Ease of Use category. Now for a bit of irony. When you add the scores together this is how EX rates:

Packaging (3.00)
    Instructions (3.00)
    Ease of Use (3.86)
    Slickness (3.29)
    Gloss & Finish (3.57)
    Sealant Durability (2.86)
    MFG Claims (3.14)
    Value (3.57)

With a "perfect score" of 5, I would say this is quite representative of what I see in EX.

Packaging, just above average. Steve never has claimed to put a lot of effort into packaging. I think this is just about right.

Instructions, just above average. Most of the instructions come from other users on the forums and not from the bottle. This could be a bit high.

Ease of Use, above average. It is hard to question this. I could possibly vote for a 4, but it is not a perfect 5. In fact Liquid Soveran and 4*UPP might be just a smidge easier.

Slickness, above average. Again this is just about right as EX`s slickness, though very slick initially, is not as long lasting as I would prefer. This is based on a vehicle that is "under roof" for the majority of it`s life.

Gloss and Finish, above average. I could certainly vote to improve this score to a 4. I love the look of EX!

Sealant Durability, below average. I really can`t argue this one since I don`t go that long between doing something to the finish. For most of us here, at least on our personal vehicles, I would be surprised to hear from anyone who goes more than a month or two before "adding another coat" or just starting over again.

MFG Claims, average. Steve what do you claim? I would have to move that one to a 4, just because for the most part I am happy with EX.

Value, above average just a few points below excellent. I have no problem with that rating.

Thread Information