Post Thanks / Like

427 bucks on a digital camera...

well, today i finally decided to get a digital camera, so i can share my not so good jobs with ya peeps, and maybe get some advice. anyways, it costed me about 427 bucks. at first, the camera was 300 bucks, but i needed a memory card, extra long lasting charageable batteries, and this 2 year warranty agreement, so it ended up costing me about 400 bucks. anyways, its a nikon coolpix 3200, and what i find really interestinf about it is that i can record 15 minutes of nonstop video with sound. cool eh? anyways, time to take some pics!

make me wonder how much detailing stuff i could have bough with 427 bucks, as a pose to a digital camera...
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Western PA where Spring is beautiful...both days.
    Post Thanks / Like
    :rolling Digital cameras are a lot like the Detailing Habit. It starts out with a simple thought "I just need to get me some polish and a rag...." Then you do a little research. :bigscream

If it makes you feel better, the $427 doesn`t get nearly as much detailing stuff when you have the shipping charges to Hawaii! :ticked
    Don`t cry honey. I wasn`t polishing the car again. I swear! :naughty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Zesty,

It`s a great investment, and you chose a great one. For me, it was between that and the Fuji Finepix 3800. The guy offered me more with the Fuji, and $525 later, it was at my doorstep. Both give superior quality shots. Now all you need to do is cruise DC and ebay for some great angles!!

Good job!
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi zesty-man,

Wow...for someone so young. You sure have a lot of money.

I don`t remember being able to afford even a bus pass at your age yet alone a digital camera for $427.

Not even a micro fiber towel. Ooops...that`s right they didn`t even have micro fiber towels back then.

Well, I still have my trusty Olympus 4040 4MP digital camera I bought 2-1/2 years ago for $575.00. I don`t think I would buy another one until I see 10+ MP at the consumer or novice level. I have seen 8.0 MP digital cameras just coming out. But I will hold off until then. They say, to get even close to 35mm film photo quality you need to be up to 12 to 13 MP.

With Aloha,
    Ranney

Post Thanks / Like
    ah, so i did make a good investment! yay! the guy at comp usa was telling me that this camera got far superior shots to this other camera i was gonna get. i wasnt too sure if he was trying to con me into buying a different camera or something, but i guess he wasnt kiddin.

ah, as for you ranney, my daddy has a lot of money. nah just joking, i have to pay him off... i figured, i would pay him 100 bucks every week for the next 4 weeks. hehe, i guess i got a lot of christmas money, because after all, thats all i asked santa for. no t-shirt, video games, computer stuff, just money (and maybe a few gift certificates).

i just realized, a digital camera consumes your time. ive spent about 4 hours fooling around with it. time i should have spent studying!!! and now its about 9, and i still have to finish my resarch project thats due tomorrow!:brick:
    Last edited by zesty-man; 04-05-2004 at 01:57 AM.
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Thread Information