Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex-p

Post Thanks / Like

Ex-p

Hi,
    I can`t seem to find the thread of EX-P review that awd330 did. If someone can remember what was the best topper for the EX-P to get the deep, wet look? I thought he said vanilla moose but not sure. Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to members and do a search on name [awd330] and it will show all threads

Boss_429

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I found it. Still a little confusing with all the posts. I have been detailing family cars for a few years now with just meg`s products and a Waxmaster 7000 bought at pepboys. I`ve now decided since I do enjoy it so much I might as well start doing it part time and hopefully one day full time. So I am stepping up my game and purchased a PC and allot of stuff from Dwayne. From what I gathered in the review, a VM prep with EX-P after gives a deep wet look and a PP prep followed by EX-P gives a clear, brighter finish. I am still not clear on the topper though. What product is the best to apply (if at all) on the ex-p to maintane or enhance the deep wet look (for VM Prep) and which product to maintane or enhance the clear, bright look (for PP prep)? Thanks for any info and if I write my threads to long please let me know. Thanks!

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Natty`s when it becomes available will enhance either method
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Poorboy! I just placed my pre order for Natty`s

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 89GTA
    Thanks Poorboy! I just placed my pre order for Natty`s
    I placed mine yesterday, I`m getting anxious... I need a PB topper!:-p

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Steve that Natty`s Wax would complement EX-P well. They are both clear and reflective products. For a deeper and wetter look, I might reach for EX and P21S/S100 instead. One of my goals for this Spring is to try Carnauba Moose Wax as a topper since this product has been described as exceptionally wet. Anybody here tried that combo yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you think about EX-P with an S100 topper?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried Clearkote Carnauba Moose over EX and it`s a really nice combo! CMW is definetly one of my favorite liquid waxes. And durability isn`t too bad either.

Post Thanks / Like
    S100 would work very well with EX-P. Should add a little more depth compared to EX-P alone.

I`ve tried topping EX with S100 and it`s great too. EX alone has great depth, but a coat or two of S100 even adds more to it!

-Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    EX-P is clear and reflective while S100 is dark and deep... it would kinda cancel each other out.

I`ve used EX and P21S (which is S100) and it gave a dark look, which wasn`t really what I was looking for, but some people like it.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you`re right ...if you are planning on putting a topper on and darkening the finish, then you might as well use EX and not EX-P:dunno
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Well since I have EX-P coming tomorrow I think I will try it with a S100 topper. If I do not like it then I will buy some EX and try that. I have 2 cars lined up for saturday, both are black. 1 is black acrylic enamel paint and the other base coat clear coat so I am curious to see how much of a difference there is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I just tried a quick EX-P topped with Natty`s vs. S100 comparison on one car panel (trunk lid). The EX-P layer is 2 weeks old. Prepped with Spray & Wipe. Right side received S100 topper, left side received Natty`s. Both waxes were applied with a smooth yellow foam applicator.

Results - The Natty`s side looked very bright. Somewhat wet, but extremely clear. The S100 side was wetter and deeper, but lost some of the EX-P`s clarity.

I agree with Ranch4x4 and Poorboy. If you`re using EX-P, then use an equally clear carnauba like Natty`s. When using a wetter carnauba like S100, regular EX is a better match.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information