Post Thanks / Like

Question Please Help With 2004 Camry "paint Sealant"?

Hello everyone, I`m sorry to be a bother. In short, I purchased a 2004 Toyota Camry last week, and need some help desperately. The dealer wants to charge me $285.00 just for the paint sealant. At this price, I would much rather do it myself. However, I have no idea what product to use. I have checked for hours on the net and have found: 5 Star, Klasse, Meguiars, 4 Star, and Wolfgang sealants, and was even told to use boat teflon polish on my car. Unfortunately, the car will be outside all of the time, no room in the garage. Also, I live in Virginia; very close to Va. Beach, and the OuterBanks, NC., so my car will be exposed to pretty harsh elements. The Camry is the Desert Sand Mica color also. What would be the best paint sealant to use? Also, what would be the best wax/polish to use for maintaining/protecting my cars finish? Any thoughts and suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance, and Have a Great Weekend!! Sincerely, Dale :beer

Post Thanks / Like
    Both Klasse and Zaino are suposed to be quite durrable sealants( I think Four Star UPP is good also). Lots of people are really pleased with the WG however, as far a durrability goes, it is such a new product no one really know how long it lasts. Since your car`s paint is new you really dont need an abbrasive polish .

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the Camry, Dale! and :welcome

Whatever sealant you choose, don`t forgot to wash and reapply the sealant often. The corrosive salts in your area are pretty rough on everything. Your first sealant application should probably include a clay application too. At least from all I`ve been reading.

Of the products you mentioned, Klasse All in One (AIO) is probably the easiest to use since it`s a one-step wipe-on, wipe-off product. For more protection you can add one of the pure sealants you mentioned on top of the AIO. I`ve used Klasse Sealant Glaze (SG) and found it difficult to work with. I`ve also used Wolfgang and found it a breeze to work with but durability is unknown on that new product. But I see no reason to expect a problem.

I would caution about relying on any sealant for a year or more especially in your environment.
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Skip the dealer sealant...

For a durability, 4* UPP and WG (so far)... For a durable caranuba wax...I`m really liking Meguiar`s #16. Excellent beading...some of the best I`ve seen for a wax or sealant. Good stuff. Just make sure to wipe on and wipe off. Letting it haze will make removing it a chore.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can buy the same stuff the dealer sells for a fraction of the cost if you feel that their product is more durable.

http://www.sparkleauto.com/r2000.html

As far as the durability, I have heard ok things about it but you still must re-apply every so often. There is no magic sealant!!! Go ahead and clay the vehicle before you apply whatever sealant you chose. STAY AWAY FROM DEALER EXTRAS! They are nothing but money makers for the with outrageous mark-ups. AGAIN STAY AWAY!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP!!

Hello everyone; I just wanted to say Thank you for your time and help. You guys are great; I will definately go with one of your recommendations. If any of you are ever in Virginia, please email me and let me know; because "ALL the Seafood/Drinks you want are on me", that`s the least I could do for you all. I look forward to learning/chatting on this site. Thanks again, and Have a Great Weekend!!
    Sincerely, Dale:beer :newbie

Thread Information