Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 05-04-2016

Default UWS on plastic pillars

I detailed the greenhouse of my Flex which has black, shiny plastic pillars all around. After carefully cleaning them with Waterless Wash & Wax (WWW), I used the 'ol 3-step UWS. I hardly get to use these bottles because it takes me days to complete 3-steps on an entire car, but I wasn't detailing the paint, only the pillars. Within an hour I was done, and I was reminded how well this system works.

My old bottle of Step 2: Sealer and Glaze was kind of hard to apply. I don't remember if it was always this way. However, I wasn't using the circular motion to apply it, I tried the single axis (up-down strokes on the pillars) method (on all 3 steps). What's the jury on this "new" method anyway? I understand how it can reduce the effects of swirls, but does it affect how well product is applied?

Anyway, I finished off using Revision Glass + Surface on the windows and a bit of WWW again on portions of the roof line. Greenhouse looks great! Detailing just the greenhouse without washing the entire vehicle is a first for me...thanks CA drought!

Edit: ...and I don't know why I posted this in Paint Care.

Last edited by Trac_511; 05-04-2016 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Wrong board
Old 05-05-2016
Mothers® Polish

Default Re: UWS on plastic pillars

08100 Micro-Polishing Glaze (the old "Sealer and Glaze) has never been tough to apply and remove to my recollection.

If your bottle has the old name, it's more than a few years old. That may have something to do with the application you experienced.

I've applied it in straight lines before, and wiped it away while still damp with good effect.
Closed Thread