Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 09-25-2016

Question Rotary polisher with the 3-Step Ultimate Wax System

I bought a complete set of Mothers products including from clay to the 3 step product. I just wanna know if the product is safe to use with a rotary buffer. Thanks!
Old 09-25-2016
Mothers® Polish

Default Re: Best use of Orbital Buffer and Mother's 1,2,3 Step product

Those 3 products can be used with a rotary, but it's imperative you have the proper pads.

Find the softest foam pads you can, and stay with a low speed.
Old 09-25-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest T. View Post
Those 3 products can be used with a rotary, but it's imperative you have the proper pads.

Find the softest foam pads you can, and stay with a low speed.
Thanks for the reply! I just want to clarify one more thing. Is the step 1 which says Pure Polish, can that be considered the same as a rubbing compound? Because detailing in general as I understood is like "rubbing-polishing-finishing(wax,sealant). Given that you already washed the car and clayed. Because I saw that Mothers also has a product that says Mothers Rubbing Compound, thats why I got a bit confused, I wondered if I do wet sanding, would it be appropriate to follow it up by these 3 step products. Thanks.
Old 09-25-2016
Mothers® Polish

Stepv1 Pure Polish is not a rubbing compound. It's made for hand use to remove light oxidation, micro-marring, etc.

If you are going to be wetsanding, you'll want Rubbing Compound and Finishing Polish..

If I were wetsanding, I'd follow with Rubbing Compound and Finishing Polish. Used correctly, it will finish down to a point where your final step of wax can then be applied.

There would be little need of Step 1 Pure Polish, or Step 2 Micro Polishing Glaze.
Old 09-27-2016

Hello! Thanks for the reply. Right now what I have is a rotary buffer, wool
Pad and a foam pad(cutting), and another foam pad for polishing, now for the products. I have the 3 step product and Mothers rubbing compound. Apparently I dont have the finishing polish yet. Can you tell me which one of those in the 3-step products can I use after the I use the rubbing compound? And also, I tried to use the 3 step using a rotary buffer on a small
Section of my old hood that I practice on. my foam pad seems to get dry faster compared to the rubbing compound. Can you give me tips on what RPM should I put it to? I did 1500rpm and the pad is quickly dried and I can feel its bouncing already, a sign of the pad getting dry. I only put little to no pressure on my rotary. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2016
Administrator

Default Re: Rotary polisher with the 3-Step Ultimate Wax System

Really, you're trying to mix two different systems. Stick with one or the other.

The Professional Rubbing Compound has more working time than the California Gold Pure Polish Step 1; the Rubbing Compound is a better choice if you're using a rotary.

Likewise the Professional Finishing Polish is a better choice over the California Gold Micro-Polishing Glaze if you're using a rotary.

You can use the Pure Brazilian Carnauba on top of either, if you have it; if you do not, try our California Gold Synthetic Wax instead.

You can use the Pure Polish, but expect a shorter working time -- work slightly slower, and smaller working areas.

Our "go to" defect removal system is our Professional Rubbing Compound, Professional Finishing Polish, and California Gold Synthetic Wax.

But honestly, using a rotary is not ideal; a dual action is more user friendly.

More finesse is required with a rotary, but it can be done.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Closed Thread