Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 11-30-2015

Default Wax Attack 2 - Review

My daughter bought a used 2012 Ford Edge last year that came with a nice set of swirls. Of course .... my daughter inherited her father's love of black vehicles so the swirls and marring are certainly noticeable.

I own a Porter Cable buffer, but I haven't used it much the last five or six years while I was helping a buddy with a side business. And now that I have some spare time again, a wonky back has kept me from reaching for the buffer.

So ... I was quite intrigued by the compact size of the Wax Attack 2. And when I saw everything that comes in the bundle, I decided to take advantage of what I perceive as a great value on Amazon.

Fortunately .... Mothers designed the case so well that everything arrived in excellent condition in spite of less than wonderful packing material.

The bundle comes with everything you need .... buffer, pads (3), Rubbing Compound, Finishing Polish, Synthetic Wax, microfiber towels (3), and excellent instructions. And, a nifty case to keep everything stored neatly away.

The simple on-off switch on the buffer makes it easy to use as there's no guessing about what speed to use. Yet I was a little skeptical about whether a compact machine could do the paint correction that I was looking for.

The answer is: Yes it can! And, I'm pretty sure I could have done even better if I'd been just a bit more patient ..... but I had tickets to the football game.

You can easily see the swirls in the the reflection in the before picture. I tried to stand in about the same place in the after picture to show the difference. Very pleased with the results!

This will make an excellent Christmas present --- even if you have to buy your own present.
Attached Images

'15 Dodge Challenger SRT - B5 Blue
'17 Dodge Durango R/T - Granite Crystal
Old 12-13-2015

Default Re: Wax Attack 2 - Review

Wow, I thought it was a dusty hood before I realized the center picture is a mirror-finished "after" photo. Nice job and cool kit!
Old 12-16-2015

Default Re: Wax Attack 2 - Review

The middle picture does a real nifty job of showing the "oh so special" pattern on the ceiling in my garage. I'm sure it was all the rage in the '70's when my house was built.

'15 Dodge Challenger SRT - B5 Blue
'17 Dodge Durango R/T - Granite Crystal
Closed Thread