Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 01-20-2016

Default Maintaining the Finish

Just one new question. I use California Gold Micro-Polishing Glaze (step 1), Pure Polish (step 2), and Pure Brazilian Carnauba Liquid Wax (step 3) twice a year. I wash the car every two to three weeks, depending on the weather, using Carnauba Wash and Wax. My question is should I or can I use Pure Brazilian Carnauba Liquid Wax (step 3) after I wash the car?

Thanks
Old 01-20-2016
Administrator

Default Re: Maintaining the Finish

Yes, you could... Mothers California Gold Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax is truly without any polishes, and lays down a pure wax coating... should you? That's up to you... that's a bit more often than necessary...

However, instead, after a normal wash and sheeting rinse, I'd consider using our California Gold Spray Wax as you dry -- mist, wipe and buff -- that's a great way to dry the vehicle and add wax protection and gloss with minimal effort.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Old 01-21-2016

I use Mother's products because they make my car look great and more so because the support on this forum is outstanding! Now for my dumb follow up question. After washing and hosing the care I use a chemise to dry it. How/when would I use the California Gold Spray Wax?

Thanks
Old 01-21-2016
Mothers® Polish

A chamois truly is old school technology. There are much better choices available; including microfiber, waffle weave microfiber, and (my favorite) foam core waffle weave drying towels.

Regardless of which you use, after washing, you spray the Spray Wax and dry at the same time you are removing the Spray Wax. You can also dry it after washing, and then spray the Spray Wax on and buff it, but that method is a duplication of the drying step.

I'm lazy and prefer to dry only once, so I spray the Spray Wax on after washing the vehicle.
Old 02-01-2016
Registered User II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest T. View Post
Regardless of which you use, after washing, you spray the Spray Wax and dry at the same time you are removing the Spray Wax. You can also dry it after washing, and then spray the Spray Wax on and buff it, but that method is a duplication of the drying step.

I'm lazy and prefer to dry only once, so I spray the Spray Wax on after washing the vehicle.
I am just reading and killing time but I really had to question this. You spray the spray Wax on a wet car and then dry? My car is so full of beading after washing that spray wax would just sit on the water and be wiped away. Even though I use the free running hoes to sheet the water off, there would still be too much water left to use spray on wax in my opinion..
I prefer to use this stuff on a completely dry car, and not have it all come off in the drying process.
Old 02-01-2016
Administrator

The process works very well after a sheeting rinse and as you dry. There really is generally not too much water on the surface, but you can use it dry if you wish.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Old 02-02-2016

Thanks! ! !