Boss_429

Don`t forget the Sponsors!!!!!!!!

A recent conversation with a fellow member got me to thinking about this. I mentioned that I recently purchase a bottle of Liquid Souveran, and refreshed my stock of Souveran paste wax through one of the other sponsors here at DC. The other member mentioned that he would prefer to do most of his business with Dwayne............... which is certainly a great idea, and there is certainly nothing wrong with that!

Still, I got free shipping on the order over $75, plus a 15% "detailcity" discount, which ended up in some pretty nice savings.

Anyhow, I hope (and don`t think) Dwayne will be too upset that I did that, considering that ocassionaly giving a little business to one of the sponsors is probably also a good thing!

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. On that note, I`m also getting ready to send my "Spring Special" order to Dwayne this weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you Boss and most certainly Dwayne agrees also If it doesn`t pay to be a sponsor they aren`t.

Last January I did the same as you did, I ordered a `Pinnacle Pinnacle Total Care Car Polish & Wax Kit` and with the DC discount code, the value of the euro and the sale they had going on at the time, the kit costed me about €100, shipment included! (now it costs you guys $119.95).
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I go with Dwayne (PAC) unless Dwayne doesn`t have the product or some one is having an incredable deal. I understand sponsors here are looking for business, but they also understand PAC has a following of people and the sponsors need to be "unique" in there selling of there products to get our money.
    jeff

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post ble bla

Yep Dwayne is a nice guy to deal with, I just bought some stuff off him couple of days ago and although I would think it`s much hassle for him to handle International order (getting different shipping quotations,checking validity of credit cards/addresses, packing etc), he didn`t show any sign of it , I would have to give a thumb up for that ( 2 thumbs even).

As for the other sponsors, i would like to try them as well as they got nice offers on their sites.However I found that in autopia, Autogeek`s more agressive in their marketing/advertising in terms of more offers etc . It kinda seems they neglect DC ( `seems` ). I could be wrong of course as DC lost a lot of posts recently, Autogeek could have great deal for DC members as well before this. If you are asking why don`t I join the other board to get the offer?, well I`m here first and DC serves my need for detailing info, although I still surf them to read post.

One other thing that I find annoying is non reply/`very` slow reply from sponsors when pm (not pointing fingers :google ).
    you certainly missed out on my emotional/spontaneous shopping urges (I always want to use those words)

I apologize if anyone`s offended, but I`m a direct person, I`m the sort of person who would called a cow, a cow and not beat around the bush.

ps: I need to get my cup of morning coffee

Post Thanks / Like
    Got all my stuff this year from Poorboys and Dwayne. Great experience with both of them and highly recommend

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JeffBruce
    I go with Dwayne (PAC) unless Dwayne doesn`t have the product or some one is having an incredable deal.
    Just because an item isn`t listed on PAC`s website doesn`t automatically mean that you can`t buy it from Dwayne. Dwayne filled a special order for me earlier this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    15% off? :wait Isn`t it 10% I`m gonna wait for the summer to come. I bet all sponsors will love to have tons of orders! :-p

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve ordered from Dwayne several times now and also from Steve (Poorboys) for the first time direct this past week (though I`ve purchased a lot of Poorboys products so I am certainly supporting Steve through Dwayne sometimes too). I always speak directly to Dwayne when placing my order and did so with Steve too. I don`t like to order online if I can speak directly with a person - I like to establish a relationship. Just my way.

This past week I ordered a couple small items and the Vac-n-blo sweeper from Dwayne. He was out of the sweeper but had it sent to me direct from the factory. I don`t know if this would have happened had I ordered online as the system may have automatically placed an order, had it come to them and then go out to me - it should be here tomorrow!!!

Anyway, both Dwayne and Steve never once, not ever, seemed to be in any hurry to rush me to place my order, always answered any questions I might have and made me feel like they really appreciated my business.

I`ve said this before, but I believe it deserves repeating... in a world in which good customer service is getting harder to find all the time, great service is a real treat and much appreciated! I also share this with anyone I can given any opportunity - "here`s where you want to buy from!".
    If the wolf howls by the light of the moon in the dark of the night...

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re gunna love the Vac n Blo. Great machine. And I certainly agree with the topic of this thread.

Support the sponsers and other small business guys that provide great service with the best products and at reasonable profit margins.

Win/win/win....The sponsers make a living and maybe get financially "comfortable", we get great detailing products with great service and at reasonable prices and we get the good feeling one gets from helping the good guys grow their business and provide for their families. Nice exchange. The way the world should be.....doing business with a guy rather than with a company......actually being able to make a verbal agreement...a handshake being good enough to seal a deal. Yeah...that`s the way it should be. :cool :dancin
    Last edited by JimS; 03-28-2004 at 09:18 AM.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have ordered from both Dwayne and Steve. I always have enjoyed their personal touch of customer service. Additionally, their prices are usually very competitive.

Thread Information