Post Thanks / Like

what do you guys suggest for waxing a car?

i have been using Zaino, but need to try other products to compare. Please advise of few good ones and where to get it, I would like to make some purchase and test it myself.

thanks!
    kr36

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    AIO/UPP is a good combination for a sealant.
    AIO/S100 is a good combination for a wax.

If you need to tackle some swirls, I have good luck with Meguiar`s #9. Some people say #9 doesn`t remove swirls, just covers them. I have no idea. I just know they no longer show, and that`s what I was wanting.

Lots of good stuff out there, but you can go broke trying it all. Right now I feel pretty comfortable with basically 3 products for regular use. AIO, UPP, S100.

Charles

Looking for 22% Discount TheCompleteLook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    P21S has been ranked the top wax by an independent study from what I understand. I use it - goes on nice and thin, dries well and comes off very well. The water beads great and lasts as long as you would expect. I`m sticking to it!
    Rob
    www.thecompletelook.net

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have and use both Klasse and P21S. Over both of them I prefer One Grand Blitz wax. I like the ease of application and removal and the wet looking shine. I like the slick feeling it leaves too. The P21S is good but its not as easy to remove if its been sitting on the car too long.

The other wax I prefer is Collonite Insulator wax. I feel it lasts as long as any sealant ive tried. Its even easier to wipe on and off.

So try a can of Blitz or Insulator and you wont be unhappy!

Best regards,
    John

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    EX...and it can be found right here at premiumautocare....best of both worlds...sealant and Carnuba...sun or shade ....15 minutes or 24 hours...same ease of use
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Poorboy
    sun or shade ....15 minutes or 24 hours...same ease of use
    That is what makes EX a truly unique product.

John Sharp......you aren`t supposed to let P21s dry. Wipe it on a section and buff it off. Honestly, this is the first time I`ve ever heard anyone say they felt Blits was easier to use than P21s.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Looking for 22% Discount TheCompleteLook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not to be contradictory Natty, but I let my P21S dry and it comes off no problem. Like any wax, you put it on too thick and it`s a different story. I apply by hand, do the whole car, then go back with MF towels and it comes right off.
    Just my experience.
    Rob
    www.thecompletelook.net

Boss_429
    I`ve used Blitz, P21S, Pinnacle Souveran, #26, Adam`s Butter Wax, and several other fine carnauba`s, plus several less expensive carnauba`s. Of all of them, I`ve never found a carnauba that comes off as easy as the P21S. Some of the others come off easy, but not as easy as P21S. Having said that, the Blitz is also a fine carnauba, with excellent durability............. better than P21S.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TheCompleteLook
    Not to be contradictory Natty, but I let my P21S dry and it comes off no problem. Like any wax, you put it on too thick and it`s a different story. I apply by hand, do the whole car, then go back with MF towels and it comes right off.
    Just my experience.
    No problem. Thats what the site is all about.....talking with others and sharing our experiences with various products.

Interesting. It`s been a long time since I experimented with different methods using P21s bnut I seem to recall it being difficult to buff off after it dries. Entirely possible I applied it too thick..especially in the very beginning of when I started using P21s. It may have taken me once or twice to realize that paper thin coats was the way to go.

I think (have to check the container to be sure) the instructions even say not let it dry. I usually apply it one panel at a time then buff off and move onto the next panel. Using it this way I`ve found it to be incredibly easy to use.

I`ll give it a try next time I use P21s.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Natty, I didnt say I let it dry, I said its not so easy to remove its been let sit too long.The label on the jar clearly tells the user not to let it dry. I am aware of that. Sometimes when your running a business and the phone rings you answer it knowing you really need to wipe the wax off first. All I was saying was that its not always as easy to remove when its on the paint too long. I could let the Blitz sit there 45 minutes and not have a problem.

I find it typical that you havent been told that Blitz is easier to remove. Thats not suprising since I very seldom meet Blitz users. I seem to be the only one around here promoting it as a personal favorite. I do find it easier to wipe off than the P21S. I like the P21S, I just like Blitz more thats all.

On this forum and most others like it your more likely to find guys who prefer the more popular products like UPP, Zaino and the rest. I just dont seem to find many people who love the Blitz as much as I do. I dont know why it works better for me than other products but it just seem to always satisfy me the most.

Best regards,
    John

Thread Information