Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $5000 Zymol Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation $5000 Zymol Wax

Zymol offers a $5000 - five thousand dollar- wax called Royale. It was specially designed for the Pebble Beach Concours for a car that Ralph Lauren owns.
    Now when i saw this, my eyes almost popped out of my head! Zymol will refill the 12oz container for the rest of your life and it can even be passed on in wills!
    I wouldnt mind seeing what this looks like on my Saab!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sure you wouldn`t see a difference on a side by side with #26.
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    jgv is correct in that you would not see a huge difference, at least not a difference to justify $5000!

The whole deal about this is bragging rights but if....IF this Zymol formula is so awesome then why not market it to pro`s and/or the general public ?

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

wayne
    Kinda like "Bose" selling $3 speakers for $1500.
    LOTS of advertising, hype, marketing and celebrities to endorse their product.
    I used to be into electronics and Bose was/is VERY low quality, but people buy them for grossly inflated prices.
    Kinda like, if you get a big name celebrity to say something is good, then the people that have limited knowledge of the product will believe it. Seems to work...,
    Celebrities endorse everything from toothpaste to political parties, why? MONEY!!!
    Think of all the advertising, 30 minute infomercials, full page, color add in every sunday paper(at least where I am at), advertising in my mail box, radio ad`s, celibrity endorsments, etc...,
    Not much money into the product and you can make a fortune.
    I always compare Zymol to Bose, same theory behind the high priced sales.
    In a wax, you can only hae so much money in the "active ingredients", everything else is "hype and marketing".

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to remain impartial on this one....

if I ever win the lottery I do plan on forking over 5 grand to have my own special Chevy S-10 wax made up!

Boss_429
    Originally posted by admin

if I ever win the lottery I do plan on forking over 5 grand to have my own special Chevy S-10 wax made up!
    Sure you are!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are willing to pay 5K for car wax I have a bridge for sale here in CA.

Its hype at that price nothing more and nothing less. Hell they sould come out and apply it for you as well.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

wayne
    Originally posted by Beemerboy
    Hell they sould come out and apply it for you as well.
    Now thats an idea LOL!

BTW, How much for the bridge..., I always wanted my own bridge...

Post Thanks / Like

pricey wax

wayne is definitely right. I currently work part-time at the local Best Buy here in Rhode Island. People think Bose is the BEST speaker out there and is very high-end JUST becuase of their advertising. Crazy, beucase they are actually one of the worst. I bet someone with money to spend would buy that wax just becuase of the price not even knowing anything about its quality. Its how people think.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, what are the best speakers there? 18 years ago I used to build speaker systems to sell and admire the great brands like Infinity (from which I bought my current ones) and other a lot more expensive audiophile ones, mostly British. By then, the best amplifiers were the Krell, class A. Bose were used on bars and cafes, not as Hi-Fi equipment. And now?
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a Bose Acoustic Wave for about $1100 due to an extremely small area I had to work with. I really don`t think it can be taken seriously as something that even remotely produces accurate sound. The large horn is clearly audible on most instruments, yielding a nasal quality and it severely compresses the program material to the point where the dynamics vanish. If you know what you`re doing, you can put together a superior component system for $500-$600. The only reason I kept it is for space limitations. It might make a cute hi-end gift for some excecutive`s office, but Herbie Hancock should have his tongue burst into flames for saying that this thing accurately reproduces his (or anyone else`s) music.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah......just what are some good speakers for a home stereo unit?

Interesting topic that this has branched out into.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Audiophiles have as many different opinions on how to assemble a system as detailers do about how to detail. If you are looking for a small, relatively inexpensive pair of home speakers, a pair of two-way speakers from Polk or JBL will usually provide a satisfactory listening experience for many people. If you have a large music chain near you like Sam Ash or Guitar Center, drop in and ask to listen to some of their studio monitors. Brands like Alesis, Tannoy or Yamaha sound much better than what most people are used to and infinitely better than the Bose Acoustic Wave.

Post Thanks / Like
    jgv, Best Buy really doesn`t carry any "good" speaker brands. Brands like JBL, Yamaha and Bose are carried, middle of the road kinda stuff. We just started carrying Klipsch which is descent, but for me I dont like horn tweeters. Home theater is sort of by second hobby next to auto detailing. (Iam enthusiastic about it but would NEVER pay 5 grand for 12 oz of wax!!!). My favorite audiophile speakers are Proac made in England, but they unfortunately cost around $ 9,000 for a nice set of floor standers.

wayne
    Originally posted by Anthony Orosco
    Yeah......just what are some good speakers for a home stereo unit?

Interesting topic that this has branched out into.

Anthony
    Just like detailing..., it depends on your pocketbook and the "results" you are looking for.
    I have built speakers that sound MUCH better than Bose, using car speakers in a box/ported for less than $100.
    I personally liked the older Infinity speakers.
    There are a LOT of good speakers out there that are lower priced than Bose and sound much better..., as was the saying when I was into audio...,
    No highs, no lows..., must be Bose
    I have a set of brand new Aura speakers for sale..., never opened and in the original carton.
    PM me if interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information