Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Special Care

Special Care Headlights, rubber and plastic trim, taillight lenses, glass, convertible tops -- all your special finish needs are discussed here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 07-31-2007

Default Mag and Aluminum Polish vs. Bilet Polish

Gentlemen,

For a while now, I've been wondering what metal polish I should get. I'm not really adept on how to determine what kind of metal I am working with so I want to play it safe. I read on the net that Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish can be used on multiple types of surfaces. I also read that Mothers Billet Polish can be used on multiple types of surfaces as well.

My question is this. Which polish is more universal and can someone provide me with what kinds of metal are the Mag and Aluminum Polish and Billet Polish compatible with?

Thanks

Grabby

I wish I could just detail everyday.

Old 07-31-2007
Administrator

Default Re: Mag and Aluminum Polish vs. Bilet Polish

Mag & Aluminum Polish and Billet Polish are both designed for uncoated and polished cast, billet or forged metals.

Mag & Aluminum Polish is a more aggressive polish than Billet Polish, and Billet Polish is a more expensive and finer quality polish designed to provide a more brilliant shine on denser alloys such as billet or forged.

You don't want to use either of these polishes on clearcoated or chromed metals. They primarily have their use on aftermarket wheels.
Old 08-01-2007

admin,

Would it be best, if I'm to prepare a car for show, to polish it with the Mag and Aluminum Polish as it is a more aggressive polish and finish it up with Billet Polish which is a finer polish?

Thanks

Grabby

I wish I could just detail everyday.

Old 08-01-2007
Mothers® Polish

If the aluminum is a quality piece that once had a high (mirror-like) finish, and is just neglected, two stepping is the best way to go. Use Mag & Aluminum Polish to restore the finish, then Billet to finish it off and give a flawless end result.

But, if it's just a cast aluminum piece that never had a mirror shine, honestly you're wasting your time and money going through the Billet step.
Closed Thread