Post Thanks / Like

Cleaner wax w/PC on `5`

Interesting... As I mentioned, I`m using the wife`s Jeep to get a feel for the PC. I did 3-step today on it and it came out looking better than I thought...

1) Strata 1000 Compound (yellow pad)
    2) Meg`s #82 (yellow pad)
    3) Eagle One Wet polish/wax...hey it`s the wife`s car, nothing important (black pad)

After the compound and the Megs, the Jeep looked pretty good. I really wasn`t in the mood, but I knew if I didn`t put something on the finish now, I might never.

Well, I had a bottle of Eagle One cleaner wax sitting in the garage, so what the heck. I grabbed a black pad & just for fun, put the PC on `5`

Even though it flashed pretty quickly, I was still able to `rub it in` a bit. Then it took all of two minutes to buff the dried wax off the whole jeep when I was done.

Interestingly ALL of the minor (micro) swirls etc that remained after the heavy polishing were gone. The Jeep hasn`t looked this good in a long time. I just wish I had some Collinite or something so the finish would last a little longer.

Pics to follow.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeep #1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeep #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Don:
    Looks good. What is a yellow pad or a black pad? The Meguiar`s pads I use are: Yellow = polishing, Tan/Beige = finishing. The Meguiar`s cutting pad is maroon or dark red, but I have no need for one. From the products you used, I would guess that the yellow pad was polishing and the black pad was finishing.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    My pads are from Top of The Line...

Yellow = cutting
    White = polishing
    Black = finishing

Like I`d mentioned, I think the foam pads minimize the effects of the abrasives in many products. With the GEM, the terrycloth `enhanced` the abrasives, so I could have gotten similar effects with just the 82. (my observation, not to be confused with having a clue)
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting that you used the cutting pad with the #82. It seems a logical choice for the compound, but I would have thought the polishing pad would have been your choice for the #82. Did you feel you still needed some extra cutting action that the #82/polishing pad wouldn`t give you?
    I don`t know why I am asking all these questions, I don`t own a cutting pad and never have had a need for anything stronger than Meg`s #9 on any of our vehicles. Curiosity is a real PIA sometimes.:p

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CharlesW
    Interesting that you used the cutting pad with the #82. It seems a logical choice for the compound, but I would have thought the polishing pad would have been your choice for the #82. Did you feel you still needed some extra cutting action that the #82/polishing pad wouldn`t give you?
    I don`t know why I am asking all these questions, I don`t own a cutting pad and never have had a need for anything stronger than Meg`s #9 on any of our vehicles. Curiosity is a real PIA sometimes.:p
    Well, the wife`s car was in bad shape, & I`m still getting used to the PC. I find the #82 is very mild when used with the PC...a lot more mild than I `m used to.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Don
    My pads are from Top of The Line...

Yellow = cutting
    White = polishing
    Black = finishing

Like I`d mentioned, I think the foam pads minimize the effects of the abrasives in many products. With the GEM, the terrycloth `enhanced` the abrasives, so I could have gotten similar effects with just the 82. (my observation, not to be confused with having a clue)
    Agreed. I`ve gotten pretty good results with #82 and a lambswool pad. Follow up again with #82 and foam polishing pad then final finish.

Nice job Don!

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Thread Information