almost time to tailgate tacscar-tim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I did it...

after years of debating and doubting, i finally leased a shop to detail in. it`s really nice. it`s over 2000 square feet with two offices, a showroom area and a huge wharehouse area that can easily hold 4 cars. it also has a storage area over the offices.

i`ll also run my electrical contracting business from here as well. it will have to pay the bills until i can get a large enough customer base for the detailing business to float the bills.

i`m excited to get rolling. i`ll take the digi-cam over this weekend and take some pictures.

tim

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW...Congrats...You the man....i am jealous...
    Get a Web cam set up so we can watch on teh WEB!!!!!

really congrats..
    jeff

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Tim! Sounds like a great shop. I`m sure you`ll have em` lined up for weeks in advance in no time.

Best of luck in the new endeavor.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the encouraging words. i`ll let rita read them. she`s been walking around with a worried look on her face ever since we handed over the first months check, lol...

i almost forgot about the best part. it`s next door to a german car mechanic that specializes in porsche and porsche restoration. he has a "porsche parking only" sign in front of his parking area
    he had a really nice red 911 cabriolet in the back today.

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    AHHHH now i`m am mega jelous. You can`t beat that loaction unless your next to a farari dealer! Thtat sounds like an amazing shop I wish you the best of luck.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Post Thanks / Like
    MAN!! I`m totally jealous show room area to show case the clean cars and all. Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks, i`m hoping to pick up some porsche detailing business. ferrari would be nice too. there`s no ferrari dealers here in little ol` lexington though. i did see a yellow 512 testarossa the other day though. i was thinking "man i`d detail that for free..."

actually i`m going to use the showroom to set up a detailing supply store. i`ll have a huge platinum section of course .

i`ll take the camera over this evening or in the morning and get some pictures of the place. it`s a little dirty and need of some tlc. lighting is the biggest thing. luckily that`s what my main business is so i`ll have tons of good lighting.

any advice on what would make a great detailing shop/store?

tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Well..to start..
    A picture of FUZZ next to Platinum area!!!!
    Offer us free food and we all would come help clean the place!!!
    Have Natty`s assistant walk on your sidewalk a few hours day!!

jeff

In Exile
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, lighting questions...

Congratulations Tim!

Sounds like the perfect setup. I`m going to working out of my imperfectly set up double garage when the weather doesn`t allow me to be mobile. Can you give any advice on lighting for indoor detailing? (I have 4 ceiling mounted double 4ft tubes. I was thinking of just adding a couple of 250 watt halogen worklights)

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!

Hey there Tim,

Glad to see you have a building to do some detailing in...

I guess we are neighbors, since I also live in KY.
    Nice to see someone from KY here on Detail City.

Next time I`m in Lexington, maybe I`ll stop by & say "Howdy!"
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats

I purchased some products from you in the past and you seem extremely professional and knowlegible about the industry. I am sure that you will experience great success. I must admit a bit of jealousy (in a good way) ... I hope to be in the same shoes in early 2004.

Good Luck and all the Best!!!
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    hey jeff, man those are some killer ideas.
    1)picture of fuzz: it`s a little known fact but the mullet has become the #1 marketing tool. well here in kentucky anyways.
    2)if you feed them, they will come. wasn`t that in a movie or something?
    3)natty`s assistant: i like it, rita doesn`t...

hey biff. the halogens are nice. i have a couple that are on stands and work great. i would also suggest, for your garage, to replace the four footers with some two bulb 8` high output fluorecsents. i have four of them in my garage and man do they put out the light. plus they are cold weather friendly and come up to full light and will not hum or vibrate in the cold. this is important if your garage is not heated.

02 LTZ, next time your in town stop by and we`ll load you up with a bunch of samples to test out. we have to take care of eastern ky friends. i was born in hazard and lived in hyden for a few years. spent many a day stomping around in them mountains as a kid.

clean dean, thanks for the nice words. you`ll just have to take the plunge like we did. it`s kind of scary but in a good way.

tim

Thread Information