My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Yet another E2K *short* adapter review ;)

Got to try my new E2K short adapter today.

Basically, to make a long story short, it helped ALOT.
    With the short adapter, the PC vibrations are identical to any other backing plate/pad system at all speeds (used 6" counterweight).

So if you like to run the PC at 6 with a backplate, you should be ok running it at 6 with the E2K short adapter (which makes sense since they are now both the same distance from the PC head)

For me, at speed 6 I like to wear padded gloves anyway buy like I said the E2K system IMO works great now. Speed 5 or lower I do not wear the gloves.

I did a full van today switching between the rotary and PC --- and using the SIDES on the pad in hard to reach areas ---- and it worked good.

Cliff notes>I agree with Marj`s opinion that the short adapter helps immensly (sp?) :dancin
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s good news, Steve! Hope the aluminum version is even better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it safe to say that the Shorter E2K with Aluminium will be similar/same to any 6 " CW and 6 inch pad /5backplate setup? How about 7 inch pad with 6 inch backplate?

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It`s probably not safe to say anything

All I can say now is that with the short adapter I can recommend this system for the DA to anyone to try it. Some people are bothered by vibration more than others. The PC is just gonna vibrate some no matter what so you really just have to try it.

To me, only speed 6 bothered me a little bit, but that`s true with a backplate system too.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by wifehatescar
    It`s probably not safe to say anything

All I can say now is that with the short adapter I can recommend this system for the DA to anyone to try it. Some people are bothered by vibration more than others. The PC is just gonna vibrate some no matter what so you really just have to try it.

To me, only speed 6 bothered me a little bit, but that`s true with a backplate system too.
    :yeah We could speculate that the aluminum version would have less vibration than the brass version simply because the material would be lighter in weight. However, this doesn`t take into account any possible changes to the structural rigidity or manufacturing process due to the different construction materials. We will just have to wait and see the final results for ourselves.

I agree with Steve when he says that only speed 6 seems to still be an issue, but I feel the same way with my velcro systems. The need for using speed 6 for extended periods may also indicate that it`s time to purchase a rotary buffer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am really glad to hear your positive test results! To be honest we found that there was not much difference in vibration with the shorter brass adapter than a velcro backing plate. We are working on trying to reduct that even further with the aluminum prototype but that could be about a month or two before we lauch it. In the meantime the new shorter brass adapters that really work fine, and have been now tested by several DC members with positive results are basically available NOW! They don`t require us to do destruct test or endurance tests because we know how the brass works, its just shorter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear. Can`t wait to try it out!
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Thread Information