Post Thanks / Like

Natty`s Wax consistency?

Just curious, but I got a tin of Natty`s Wax and it seems really hard. I am used to using liquids, but the paste wax almost seemed like candle wax at first. I could dent it with my finger and it was a little crumbly. Is this the consistency it is supposed to be? To apply it, I used a damp foam pad and dabbed it in the paste wax and then applied it to the car. Seemed to work pretty well, but sometimes a clump would crumble off onto the applicator.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t just dap the applicator in mine. I swipe it through the wax making sure to coat the whole side of the applicator.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is part of the problem that I am having. When I swipe/dab the foam pad into the jar, it doesn`t look like anything is on the pad, or else there are clumps of the wax on the pad. It isn`t smooth and workable. I thought the paste would be like a liquid, but thicker (kind of like butter). It doesn`t seem very spreadable.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never have any troubles. Maybe you are just not used to using a paste wax and are trying to get too much on at a time?

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is a little clumpy too but it doesn`t affect the performance at all. It melts as soon as it hits the paint.

PS-With that said, I much prefer Ex/EXP to paste wax in general for easy of use. IMO
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    You should only need to rub your applicator lightly across the top of the wax. It may look like there is none on the pad, but you`ll see it when you apply it to your far.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I use a paste wax, I like to set the container out in the sun to warm while I prep the vehicle for waxing.

Boss_429
    Originally posted by rockford33
    That is part of the problem that I am having. When I swipe/dab the foam pad into the jar, it doesn`t look like anything is on the pad, or else there are clumps of the wax on the pad. It isn`t smooth and workable. I thought the paste would be like a liquid, but thicker (kind of like butter). It doesn`t seem very spreadable.
    Generally speaking, the higher the content of carnauba in a carnauba wax, the "harder" the wax will be............... this is a good thing. The clumps you see, indicates that there isn`t a lot of "other stuff" in the wax to make it soft, or liquid. By "not" having a lot of "other stuff" in the wax, the carnauba content remains high................ again, a good thing!

When you spin your applicator around in the jar, you should (and only want) a very light amount on the applicator, this allows you to put on thin coats............... still another good thing.

Even though Natty`s wax is a hard wax, on a properly prepared surface, it should go on like butter, and should remove just as easy.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    :yeah
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Thread Information