Post Thanks / Like

Question Wipe Down After Rain

About two weeks ago I put 2 coats of Zaino on. Since then I have QD onced. The car had some slight dust build up and it has rained today. Can I just wipe the car down or should I wait and wash after rain stops? FYI the car is a Black 03 Nissan Murano. Great forum and thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it was me I would wait, why risk it? But then again I rarely QD or dust anymore.

Boss_429
    I`m with EBP.................. why not just wash it? I`ve found that by cutting back on my QDing, I`ve cut down on my swirls, and surface coat marring. However, I do plan on trying some of Poorboys Spray & Wipe as a replacement for normal QDing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait and wash it right. I never use a quick detail product without first washing and drying my black Hemi. The QD is just the "frosting on the cake".

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a little too enthusiastic with the QD and ended up having to wash anyway to clear the haziness. Even spritzing with water wouldn`t clear it up. So my little "time saving" turned into more work than I planned! Oh well, lessons learned the hard way are not forgotten!.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    How many times have you driven the car in the past two weeks?

Last week I wiped down the car after the rain, but the car had been parked in a garage and not driven for a week and had been dusted everyday. The car was just driven out of the garage and parked in the driveway for about an hour. I used QD as I was drying the car, and had no negative results or marring doing this. If the car had been driven anyplace, I would have waited and washed the car.

Eric

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Spray & Wipe?

Wouldn`t this be a good place for Spray & Wipe?

Loaded question. It would be a good place for Spray & Wipe. I did just that today. Bucket washed the van, hit the street and the scattered showers caught me. It was still raining when I got home so I used Spray & Wipe after I drove in the garage. Cleaned up great. Tomorrow AM, I`ll do a quick Platinum Gloss Enhancer wipe down and I`ll be ready for the next scattered shower.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you talking about Poorboy`s? I`ve been thinking about giving it a try. Thanks for the tip.

Chris

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Chris R
    Are you talking about Poorboy`s? I`ve been thinking about giving it a try. Thanks for the tip.

Chris
    Yes. While I am still old school in preferring to bucket wash when possible, there are many instances where the Spray & Wipe really fills a need. I don`t think you will be disappointed.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the feedback. Based on it and the condition of the car I decided it was too dirty to just "spray & wipe" or QD. I went with the full wash and dry then Zaino gloss enhancer and another coat of Zaino polish. Super Black looks awesome again! Later.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information