Post Thanks / Like

Detailer or Just Picky

I was doing the pots and pans after dinner the other night. I started to look at the bottom of some of the copper pans that where black. Sooooo I got out the steel wool and powered cleaner and scrubbed the life out of them. I even cleaned around the handles where they attach to the side of the pan.

Later that evening I got to think about the others on here. Do you find that when you clean something that you are almost detailing it like your customers or your cars, I do. I`m helpless, I may have to join detailers anonymous ...LOL

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get picky about some things. But not like that, I would have just said screw it. :p

Post Thanks / Like
    I find myself doing the same thing!! I have even used my detailing products around the kitchen .
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol i`m an abosult slob! you would not believe how messy my bedroom is. I clean it probably 5 times a year and it get`s DETAILD. But the rest of my house is really clean.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my biggest mistakes was letting my wife use a MF just once....now I`ve "lost" about 6 Micro Fibers!! Sometimes when I`m obsessing...I`ve got to be careful and not let my wife see me...what next?? She`ll start using my Quick Shine all over the house!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Clear

Go to Costco they have them their and they are cheap for house use. I did the same and she went ga ga over them. She also started to use my degreaser on the stove and floors, I said Oh no you can get your own. The last thing that I need while tryiong to clean cars is looking for my supplys.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, I guess I tend to be a bit anal about things. I remember last fall when I was putting the lawnmower away for the season I ended up washing it then going over it with simple green and a cloth. It ended up looking almost as good as new (it`s 10 years old). But unlike Tacscar Tim I didn`t follow up with Klasse AIO and SG .

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Boy..you know..I thought I was doing a nice thing..I went to WAlmart and picked up 6 of those nice MF dishtowels for her...they really are great for drying dishes....but she STILL keeps stealing my MFs...she says she can`t use the dish towels to wipe the furniture!?!?!...I`m going to have to start hiding my supplies....and I`m going to have to buy Quick Shine by the barrel!!!

Looking for 22% Discount TheCompleteLook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once you start thinking about cleaning cars, it does stand to reason that you would start thinking about cleaning all things around the house.
    I overdo it on the dishes, I use my PC with Poly in the shower and all sorts of twisted stuff.
    Think outside the box and you will start making more money by cleaning some things for clients too...
    Rob
    www.thecompletelook.net

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    dude i have to try poly sealing my shower that`s an awesome idea.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Boss_429
    I`m not as far gone as some of you guys! However, I agree that anything that has wheels and tires needs to be detailed. You should see my John Deere lawn tractor................ that thing glows in the dark!

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429
    You should see my John Deere lawn tractor................ that thing glows in the dark!
    I would expect nothing less!

As for you not being as "far gone" as the rest of us? Well I bet I could shoot that statement down with one peek into your garage and detailing cabinet(s).

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Boss_429
    Well Natty, sorry to say, you won`t find a single solitary thing in my garage (don`t have a garage). However, you might find a few things underneath the porch steps, or in the cabinet on the back porch, or in the cabinet in the basement, or on a few shelves in the basement, or in the corner of my den................... now I see what you mean!

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually detailed my patio furniture including a coat of wax on the table and chair legs.

Koop, I haven`t actually used the rotary inside the house yet but I might give it a shot in the bathroom floors or something.
    Ringo

almost time to tailgate tacscar-tim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    But unlike Tacscar Tim I didn`t follow up with Klasse AIO and SG .
    yea we know, you use platinum

my daughter is mowing the yard for me this summer. shoot, if i could teach her to wire houses i wouldn`t have to do anything. lol...

Thread Information