Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy engine bay cleaner ? im puzzled even after using the search button,please help

i really am puzzled about what to use in the engine bay, please advise
    Hi all, i will have to detail my engine and really dont want to sue anything that might corrode after some time, simple green doesnt seem to be such a good pick i admit from reading lots of threads.

Citrus cleaner seems to be a much better chocie here, but im puzzled which one to use, as im in canada and dont have the great many products you got in the U.S., much to my sorrow i was thinking of orange clean, which seems to be citrus based, but i wonder if there are any other chemicals in it though ? Also, id be happy if some others from canada on this forum would chime in, and point out a product(wish i was in the usa, things would be so much easier, i wonder, could i be crazy enough to move there jsut cause there are great car detailing stuff ? )......joking of course but you do have a great array of products, all of em mentoned on here.

to treat rubber hoses afterwards i have plenty of choices here though.......i could use 303 protectant, or even megs. shine and something(dont remember the exact name, but i got the picture of the bottle in mind and it s from the conventional products line).

Ok now ill stop typing as long post are time consuming.........take care ya`ll !!

:p :p

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    For cleaning the engie you have your choices. I will agree with you that SG is not a great cleaner for engines, but if its all you have, it will do a decent job. Now if you want to go a little different, Megs makes an APC that is downright POWERFUL, and does a number on engine bays. Eimann Fabrik`s Citrus Degreaser coupled with their Hi-Intensity Cleaner is also a nice combo.

As for dressing, thats up to you. I currently use Stoner`s Trim Shine just because it makes black look so good. However, Meguiar`s Qwik Kote gets raving reviews, but you need the bottle Megs sells specifically for it, otherwise it will glob onto the surface and generally look bad. Eimann Fabrik Black Opal is also a nice shiner, and so is Poorboy`s Bold n Bright. You can always use that product you were trying to remember, and there is also 303, but I think 303 is overkill. All things considered, its designed to be a protectant and give a matte type shine. I find that most of my customers dont care for the matte look in the engine, they want a glossy shine, and thats not what 303 is for. Plus, don`t forget, 303 is expensive stuff to jsut go spritzing all over an engine bay.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like

Talking i agree with you buddy

303 iws indeed pretty expensive jus for spritzing on the engine bay.........i will go the other route i think

thanks for chiming in !! take care

Thread Information