Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Liquid Souveran or Wolfgang over PWC

Hi Guys,

Can I apply Pinnacle Liquid Souveran or Wolfgang over PWC? I want to do this on a black Tahoe. Paint is in excellent shape. Currently I have all Poorboy products and I`m getting ready to place an order with Dwayne today so I`m looking to try something new. I was thinking about Pinnacle or Wolfgang. Currently I can only get one (wife watching my $$). Which one would you guys suggest?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have to stay with the PWC then go with the LS, they both contain Carnauba. WG may not bond to the PWC. Or you use some PP or SSR1 and then use the WG, that would work ok, and use the LS as a topper to the WG.

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t try WG over PWC. I think the WG is better than LS but if your base is PWC then definitly go with LS.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I wanted to use WG what should my base be? I want to use the one that will give the best shine to a black vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use any polish that does not contain Carnauba. If you have Poorboys PP or SSR1 the WG will bond ok with those.

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Use the WG prewax polish or SSR1 or both.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know that I would suggest using Liquid Souveran over the top of something. it has been proven that there is a bit of a solvent content in LS that acts as a cleaner. It could very well remove the layer of sealant if you use it as a topper. I use LS as a stand alone product after proper surface preperation.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman
    I don`t know that I would suggest using Liquid Souveran over the top of something. it has been proven that there is a bit of a solvent content in LS that acts as a cleaner. It could very well remove the layer of sealant if you use it as a topper. I use LS as a stand alone product after proper surface preperation.
    Just my 2 cents Liquid Souveran is solvent free and goes on top of Wolfgang creating a VERY nice look.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    On the one hand, it is my understanding that all liquid carnauba waxes contain some solvents.

On the other hand, it is my experience that whatever solvents used in LS are very mild. While I don`t have empirical proof, I don`t believe that you will sacrifice much of whatever you would apply LS over.

One thing is certain. LS provides a wonderful look over light/metallic colors! I`ve most recently applied AIOx2 with LS on the wife`s new Silver Reflex NB. The overall finish is bright and reflective, and metallics are crisp and clear.

When I redo it I will try PB`s PP followed by LS.

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pinnaclewax.com sez to put Liquid Souveran over the Souveran paste.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Pinnaclewax.com is obviously not telling you about the solvent content then. Zaino reommends that you use Dawn to wash your car frequently. Does that mean that it is necessarily wise advice? I strongly believe that if you layered LS over PS then the LS would remove the wax beneath. I would go the other way and put the paste over the liquid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DetailQueen
    Just my 2 cents Liquid Souveran is solvent free and goes on top of Wolfgang creating a VERY nice look.
    Where did you get your information from? Like Mr. Clean said... All liquid waxes have some solvent content. There was a test done on Autopia with magic marker on a washing machine. LS cleaned the magic marker right off. The thread is over there if you want to search for it. LS looks outstanding all by itself. In fact, it is the closest thing to WG appearance that I have ever used. i`ve got three bottles of this stuff on my shelf. Nobody has to convince me that it is a great product. I just wouldn`t suggest layering it over a sealant. I`m not a believer in the layerability of liquid waxes.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman
    I`m not a believer in the layerability of liquid waxes.
    First of all we could all debate forever the subject of "layerability" of any product liquid or paste. That goes for waxes or sealants. I prefer to use the term application.

As for the "magic marker" test. I believe that test is applicable to how much product is removed (not) as the CD test for how much marring toweling will produce. JMO

Suffice it to say you don`t believe in layering.

I don`t think for a minute that LS`s solvents will sacrifice the entire benefits of the product beneath it.

We have two different viewpoints. No big deal.

While on the topic of solvents. I`m sure it is not surprise to you that even the paste waxes contain some. As well all know that there is no such thing as true 100% carnauba. And let`s not leave out those solvents/cleaners present in our favorite sealants. Yet how many out there "layer" their sealants.

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Professional Detailer`s Tip: (This tip came to us from Jonathan, a professional show car detailer in Texas) To achieve the ultimate depth of color, the most spectacular wet-look shine, and maximize logevity of waxed surface - apply Liquid Souveran Wax over an application of Souveran Paste. Awesome results! Thanks Jonathan"! This is fromPinnaclewax.com. I`m not saying it`ll work or it`s smart I`m just throwing it out there. Rick
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know why you would want to layer a liquid wax over a paste. it just seems more logical to do it the other way around. We know that liquid waxes are much more likely to have cleaning properties in them than paste waxes. I know we are all entitled to our opinions or views, and I`m not saying that I`m right and the rest of the world is wrong, but I just think it makes more sense to put a paste over a liquid. Oh well... I guess whatever works, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information