Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upp V. Ex

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see a faint difference in hue over the inner upper part of the VW symbol on the left side of the symbol. It may be a shadow, but it seems defined.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like

Look there was a line! I can`t belive i didn`t see it b4. Right in the middle of the hood. How could you drive your car that way ACE?

Edit: no awfence tasadar. Just given you a hard time.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Koop i don`t think he`ll pass the bong our way...roflmao

Tassadar..that`s a shadow of the cloud reflection...

there`s no way this picture could show a signicant difference
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The pics aren`t great, I know. I use an older Sony Mavica, which is fine for your conventional snaps, but that`s about it. Funny you should mention a line, because when I applied the Klasse, it left a line where the application ended, but you could only see it for the first day. I couldn`t find it again today when I washed the car, so I doubt you`re seeing anything except reflections. BTW - did a bit of experimenting on the rear deck. Put some Griots Best of Show over EX that had been on there for a few weeks. It was looking great as is, but I have to use that BIS sometimes, right? Just clayed a bit first to get off any impurities and waxed over the EX. Man, a finish like whipped cream. Just gorgeous, shimmering and deep. Too bad my deck shot came out crappy. I think I found a good use for BIS. At $20 a bottle, i`m going to use it!

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    The pictures have so much reflection in them that I can`t tell a thing.
    Looks great. Just use whatever you happen to grab off the shelf and you or your customer should be happy. I have different product combinations on three vehicles and I don`t think you could tell me which was which by looking at them.

The one thing that bothers me is the streaking UPP. I have been using UPP since June of 2002, (original formula), and have never experienced this streaking problem. The UPP I am using now was purchased in December of 2002 and was the "new" formula. Has there been a change since December that might contribute to the streaking problem? Could you be applying too much? I usually let it dry for 45 minutes to an hour before removal, and it seems to just wipe off.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    The streaking was very faint and, like I said, I used UPP on other parts of the car and did not have any problems. I wouldn`t really consider it a major issue, but it is noticible when compared side by side with EX, which wipes off without a trace of streaking. I have found that many products leave a few little "artifacts" behind that need to be dealt with with a spritz of QD. Just so happens that EX is in the minority in that it removes so cleanly.

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too have not noticed this with upp. i`ve never used it over aio though. Could this be what it is?
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Koop
    I too have not noticed this with upp. i`ve never used it over aio though. Could this be what it is?
    I don`t think so. AIO/UPP is the combination I use. The AIO is usually about every 90 days and the UPP monthly.

Charles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information