Post Thanks / Like

Meg, DA Cleaner/polish

I bought a bottle of this stuff and tried it with a PC. it seemd to me that the product was difficult to remove after working it. I tried changing pads from yellow to tan, same thing. anyone using this with better results and care to share/ ? thanks
    turbomangt
    www.perfectautofinish.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried it once and didnt care much for it. I go from Diamond cut to #66 with excellent results.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Megs Dual products never seem to work well. Their Cleaner Wax is a PITA to work with.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Your Canadian Connection sean connors's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I have had great success with DACP, using a clean,primed yellow pad. The product goes on easy and breaks down easy enough (depending on humidity). wipe off with a MF, then follow up with #82.
    WHADDYA MEAN YOUR CIGARETTE LIGHTER DOESN`T WORK AFTER WE WASHED THE CAR!!

Post Thanks / Like
    DACP is excellant, but lately I`ve been using #9 like crazy, and today used it with a red pad on a badly cobwebbed and swirled dark green GMC. We have 2 wheels going at the same time, one a rotary, the other a PC and there`s no difference in appearance anywhere on the vehicle. #26 applied at the end (with the machine), and removed with the PC with MF bonnet attached.

I like to spray a little water on my pad at the end of each area. A body man once tole me that almost all polishes like water and it`s served me well.

I`ve never used Megs cleaner waxes but have no trouble at all removing DACP, #9, Diamond Cut, and #26.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to use DACP But sometimes it just doesnt do the job. I always use it with a rotary useing the following pads and steps. Cutting Pad,Buffing Pad Then Going over it with a Finishing Pad and Swirl Free Polish.

Superior Shine Does Diamond cut leave hazeing or swirls when useing it, It sounds really agressive and Scary. Probley More talk then harm right. ?

turbomangt as for removeing it work it till almost dry then just whipe down with a Microfiber. In some places you miss and it gets caked on get some Glass Cleaner or I found that AIO takes it right off.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used the Megs with my PC in the very beginning. What a pain to remove. Then I switched to using Griot`s pads ( best ones out there in my opinion ) and Coat`s Products such as CWW and Mild Buff. Now I use those same pads but with Poorboy`s and what a difference. With my PC I have been able to get some nasties out of the paint, but I really need to invest and mess with a high speed.

Cujo
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Fr0zen
    Superior Shine Does Diamond cut leave hazeing or swirls when useing it, It sounds really agressive and Scary. Probley More talk then harm right. ?

diamond cut isnt very agressive at all. It is Meguiar most agressive product but I go to 3Ms perfect it II to compound cars. You have to get used to diamond cuts oiliness (is oiliness a word?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure. I guess I will order some diamond cut to get those deeper swirls and scratchs out. So its abrasive but not so to the point where you get dull ness and such. Is the 3M PI-II good for removeing bigger swirls and scratchs. ?
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    perfect it II will scower the paint. It cuts really good. The trick is to buff it until the abrasive has broken down. If you don`t buff enough you will leave buffer marks. If you buff too much you loose lubercation and will create too much heat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see do you trust it on paints of the SL55 and the alpina. I got those swirls the paint is reallu reflective but if you look close those small scratchs in the direction of the airflow all over the car probley from whipeing with dirty bath towels
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiar`s #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish (DACP) is an excellent product!! Funny, I do not have problems with its removal at all!

The key with DACP is to work it long enough so as only a light dust residue remains on the paint`s surface. I usually use it with the rotary which IMHO is ideal for DACP. With using a PC, this will take a long time break the product down! As in at least 3-5 minutes per 2`square area! If you do not work it long enough, the Diminishing Abrasives will not have had time to break down properly. If used correctly, DACP will leave a glossy, and swirl free finish (assuming that you stepped down through the stages of cleaners/compounds before using the DACP.)

Also, be sure and clean your pad constantly. If your pad becomes saturated with product, it will lay down far too much product causing much longer buffing times and/or tough wipe off.

Diamond Cut 2.0 is designed for the rotary. It is not recommended for use with a DA or by hand. Even though I really like the PC, it is not a rotary. As such, Diamond Cut with a wool pad or a foam cutting pad on a rotary can burn through your clear coat in seconds.

Thread Information