Thread: Mobile Detaling

Michigan Detailer TruckTechniques's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mobile Detaling

I have been searching the forum for information on mobile detail trailers and have not seen much information.

How many of you use a mobile trailer or just work out of your truck?

What about EZ up canopies? Any tips for brands to stay away from and some online sources?

Thanks,
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    I do mobile detail, but I try to keep everything simple. I use protectall`s quick and easy wash so I don`t need a hose and bring my own water in a 5 gallon bucket with tight fitting lid. All I need from the client is electricity. A canopy sounds great but I don`t know many mobile guys using them because it takes a little while to put it up and take down plus if there is wind it needs to be secured very well. I try to use shade when possible, many of the clients are very good about letting me use the garage. I prefer to spend my money on products and alcohol than on the other stuff like trailers, generators, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a mobile trailer. My trailer contains a 65 gallon water tank, 2600 psi honda pressure washer, honda generator, extractor, etc etc. I use a detailer`s canopy, 8` x 12` - takes me 2 minutes to set it up. I use bungee cords wrapped around the legs secured to 10 pound weights (plates) to keep the wind from blowing it around...

Here`s a link to the canopy that I have:
    http://nationaldetail.com/Merchant2/...ategory_Code=C

Also the detailing trailer that I use is pictured here:
    http://onthespotnc.tripod.com

Regards,
    Onthespot (On The Spot Mobile Detailing, North Carolina)
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

Looking for 22% Discount TheCompleteLook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking for trailers as well, here`s what I found... $$$

www.detrailers.com - very cool, makes me want to start a pressure cleaning business.

www.detailking.com

Good luck.
    Rob
    www.thecompletelook.net

Michigan Detailer TruckTechniques's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good info Thomasfl, thanks.

Another mobile detailing question, is anyone doing this part time?

I was thinking of doing one car a day on Saturday and Sunday and one or two during the week to start off. What type of workload are you part time guys doing?

What about insurance types and costs for mobile detailing since I won`t be driving customers cars?

Thanks,
    Joe
    TruckTechniques.com in Michigan

Post Thanks / Like

water tank

Hey On the spot?

How many washes do you get out of a 65 gallon tank?

Thanks Erik

Post Thanks / Like
    Erik,

Depends on what I`m washing. Regular CAR washes I can get 5-6. Pressure washing furniture delivery trucks I get 1. The tank holds enough for me to do 2-3 COMPLETE details.

Fortunately most places have an outside water supply and don`t have a problem with me filling my tank when I`m finished. Also, I have worked it out with several companies in different areas (towns) where I travel that anytime I need water I can help myself...

Regards,
    Onthespot (On The Spot Mobile Detailing, NC)
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Joe,

I`m mobile and I purchased my trailer from Detrailers. Jeff Haas has packages available or you can put it together in pieces. I have a 100 gallon tank but I also have a water meter from the local water company that allows me to get water from any fire hydrant and they charge .68 cents .

As for insurance, I`m sure your rates will depend on the area you`re in and the amount of coverage you request.

Good Luck!!!

Ringo
    Ringo

Post Thanks / Like

mobile detailing

hi everyone i use a chevy astro van, have taken out the rear seats and mounted a pressure washer, generator and water tanks in the rear i have 2 canopys 1 from easy up (10x10) and 1 i just got from home depot only $149 and it is great sets up in about 1 min and closes down to a size of12x12 by 5feet high i also do this parttime as i work a regular job from 4am to 1230 then i do my detailing i work every day and weekends so even though i say its parttime i probably put in more hours detailing than at my job
    frankie k`s auto kleen

Thread Information