Washed my car and my girlfriend`s car this weekend (the rain actually held off for a whole day!!). Anyway, I washed them both and then decided I would try the new PC 7424 I have had for a month but not been able to use due to the weather. Put the white foam polishing pad on their (the one that comes with the Coastal Tool bonus kit), grabbed the Meg`s Clear Coat Body Scrub, and proceeded to polish. As soon as I started polishing, the pad started to turn black and a bunch of little black balls appeared (balls of dirt?). I cut the PC off, but it was too late. Those little balck wax balls or whatever scratched up the trunk. It is only noticeable glancing from the side, but I am not happy. I never had this happen before with the Craftsman, so I am wondering what I might have done wrong. Pad had never been used. Anybody have any ideas of what I might have done wrong and what I can do to get the scratches out? They are very light, but there are quite a few of them. I am waiting for my clay bar order to come in, so I am going to clay both cars before trying the PC again, just to make sure the paint is extra clean.

Thanks,
Neil