Post Thanks / Like

Spider Scratches

I noticed today when I was working on our mini-van that there were all these spider scratches. I couldn`t see them outside in the sunlight, but when I got around incadesent light you could see all these super fine scratches that seem to form a spider web around the light reflection. Is that normal or is there some way to remove them. I was using Meg DACP, then Megs #9 swirl remover. I was going to follow up with a glaze coat and wax, but decided to stop and ask the pro`s before proceding on. Thanks.

2002 Chevrolet Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve read this forum enough to tell you what the experts are going to say. Lets see if I get this right.

To truely get rid of the swirls you need to buy the Porter Cable 7424. Use the yellow cutting pad with Poor Boys SSR1.

I assume that you are not going to rush out and buy that stuff, but hey, I bet if I didn`t say it someone else would.

Anything else you use, especially by hand is only going to cover up the swirls. I`m not saying doing it by hand is bad-hey I`m still doing everything by hand. :cool

So experts-how`d I do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do have a PC 7424. The scratches are real fine, and I can`t feel them with my finger nail. If I change postions so that the light moves, the scratches follow the same pattern no matter where I look. God I wish I had a digital camera and could post pictures--hmmmmm order stuff from Dwayne or buy digital camera. Probably piss the wife off, but I think I will do both :jump .

Boss_429
    If the #9 with a polishing pad doesn`t remove them, you`ll need to get something a bit more abrasive like Meguiar`s DACP.

If Poorboy`s SSR2.5 were available, It would probably be an ideal product for that job.

2002 Chevrolet Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by OI812
    I do have a PC 7424. The scratches are real fine, and I can`t feel them with my finger nail. If I change postions so that the light moves, the scratches follow the same pattern no matter where I look. God I wish I had a digital camera and could post pictures--hmmmmm order stuff from Dwayne or buy digital camera. Probably piss the wife off, but I think I will do both :jump .
    Oh Ok-yeah do both.

Thread Information