Post Thanks / Like

AIO...first impressions

I got my AIO today (I see why people love the big brown truck) and of course, I had to try some. I first did a small spot on the Jeep. It went on like a dream and left a super smooth finish.

Of course I had to try it on my own car. After a wash, I pulled the car into the garage and hit the hood with #82/cutting pad (I probably should have used a polishing pad...but oh well) I wanted to make sure the Zaino was off. Next was a coat of AIO w/Eagle One QD (as per the AIO tips guide). Also since the tips guide said that the first coat of AIO (on a `new to AIO` finish) mainly cleaned and that a second coat would lay down an acrylic layer. I figured that 2 coats would give me the best `base` for the UPP (due on my doorstep in about 12 hours).

After the 2nd coat, even using the microfiber to buff off the residue, I could feel how slippery the hood was...we all know the m/f grabs everything and minimizes slipperyness. Maybe it`s just me, but I think that it`s more slippery than Zaino. I can`t wait to se it tomorrow after the UPP.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AIO...first impressions

Originally posted by Don
    Next was a coat of AIO w/Eagle One QD (as per the AIO tips guide). Also since the tips guide said that the first coat of AIO (on a `new to AIO` finish) mainly cleaned and that a second coat would lay down an acrylic layer.
    Don:
    What`s this "AIO Tips Guide" you refer to? The only instructions with my AIO were on the back of the bottle.
    I have always used water for my damp applicator and have had great results. Using a QD seems like you are adding to the formulation of AIO. Might be a good thing, might not.

You are really going to like the AIO/UPP combination.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I also received a separate tips guide with the Klasse that came from Klasse direct. They only mention a damp applicator though, not a QD.
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

You down with UPP?
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did not receive a tips guide. What does it say and what reason does it give for using a QD? Maybe they dropped the clay magic tips guide in your box by mistake:p .......I`m just givin ya a hard time, I also received my AIO yesterday...unfortunately my bottle exploded. My UPP was ok but the klasse didn`t make it. It looked like one night the guys at a UPS Hub got bored and decided to play soccer with my box, I hope they had fun. I should get my next shipment on monday and maybe there will be a tips guide in there. I am off to detail my little sis car for free have a good day and happy detailing

-Jason
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

Post Thanks / Like
    there is an in depth tips guide that someone wrote that is posted in the sticky section on autopia, covers everything including using a PC.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Thomasfl
    there is an in depth tips guide that someone wrote that is posted in the sticky section on autopia, covers everything including using a PC.
    No doubt the information about using quick detailer to dampen the applicator you are using for the AIO is somewhere in there. I read for about 10 minutes and never found anything other than using a damp, (like with water), applicator.
    Since that method has worked so well for me, I think I will continue to do just that. My QD will be used after all polishes, sealers, waxes, etc., have been applied.
    As has been said many times, "Whatever works for you".

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a 4-page "instrcution guide" included with my bottle of AIO. It covered application of AIO (hand and machine) and HGSG (hand and machine) it also included several tips in each section.

The first tip for application was to use a QD instead of water because: "the high lubricity of these products makes application easier and you`ll use less AIO to cover a given area."
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    So, where did you got it from?
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    So, where did you got it from?

I ordered it from CMA. Now that I think about it, I`ll go to my dad`s and have him scan it in so I can share.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Thread Information