Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Platinum Leather Cleaner

Just wanted to post a short note about Platinum`s new leather cleaner, since I had not seen anyone talk of it yet.

Bottle:

Same as the leather cleaner, but the nice touch is a label on the lid which says "Leather Cleaner". Nice thing about this is I store my product in a drawer and this makes it very easy to tell them apart. I got replacement conditioner at the same time and it had a "Leather Conditioner" label on it as well. Nice touch guys!

Product:

Consistency – On the side of liquid rather than thick gel. If water was a 1 and ketchup was a 5 I would place the cleaner right about 2.5 – 3. Gel is a translucent.

Application – I applied it to the leather surface with a micro-fiber cloth and it spread very well and was easy to work in to the surface. Due to the viscosity of the product, need to apply with the MF on vertical surfaces to avoid running.

Scent – A nice fresh scent that is pleasant and not lasting after product application and removal.

Performance – The cleaner was used on a 2 year old leather surface which had not been previously cleaned or conditioned. I would rate the surface in “good” condition as it only had some dirt, dust, body oil, and a few organic spots of “crud”. The product handled each of these without any serious rubbing or buffing needed. Having said that, I got the sense that this product works great for the lighter cleaning, but did not have the cut power for heavily soiled or stained leather. This is a good thing, as I prefer not to use a strong product on leather when possible and this will fill my needs well.

Overall:

I liked the product and will use it in a majority of my details as I do not get the seriously soiled leather seats very often. Has a nice smell and an even consistency which allows for quick, efficient usage. Not a miracle product, but I did not expect that. It met my expectations and then a little more. For a light-medium leather cleaner, this will be my product of choice for some time.

Availability:

Can be purchased from the sponsor`s website.

Note: This was an unsolicited review.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review.

What leather cleaners have you used prior? Just for comparsion.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?
    Done, or Done right? You decide.
    Score early, Score often.
    You can not win from the penalty box.
    You can not score from the penalty box.

Post Thanks / Like

Past leather cleaners

Tried the ArmorAll brand leather cleaner and a cleaner I picked up some time ago called Tanner`s Preserve. Both of them were okay, not stellar, and I did not prefer the feel and end effect of the products.

-Matt

Death to white cars!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Matt. I was thinking of ordering this, and you have made my decision that much easier!

"The 83-88 Monte SS - they just don`t make `em like that anymore...."

Thread Information