Post Thanks / Like

Bad day at the gas station!!!

Today was a bad day. It started off with me gettting a late start detailing my grandfathers Dakota. It was bad enough that there are enormous swirl marks in the maroon paint from him trying to "detail" it himself, but now I was pressed for time. Not to mention it was VERY humid today and none of the products were applying correctly. But, this was the least of my worries. After finishing I dropped his truck off, picked up my car and stopped for gas (big mistake, and keep in my I just got done with a 14 hour detail on the exterior and interior of my car 2 days ago.). I pump the gas, go inside to pay, and there is a bratty little kid (around 5 or 6)running around touching everything. Before you know it he has run around the counter to where the emplyees work and has located the emergency sprinkle button for the outside of the building. We all saw him pull it. For the next 20 or so seconds all you could see outside was what looked like the worst blizzard you had every seen, only insteasd of white snow it was pale yellow. The fire station was only three buildings down, so by the time I saw the damage to my once clean car, they were already on scene. The system did not spray water, it was a dry chemical system. It shoots a dry yellow powder through about 40 nozzels throught the gas pump area. You name any place on a car, and there was chemical in it. Everywhere from the jams, under-carage, air filter, cabin filter, the clean engine compartment, exahust... absolutely EVERYEWHERE. Since my car was running with the A/C on my brand new airfilter was now garbage and by HVAC system was now pumping dry chemical into my cabin. The white car was now covered in a 1/2" THICK layer of yellow finish ruining chemical. I took the 4 min. drive home disgusted, with yellow powder trailing me. When a began to rinse the car down, I wanted to back to the gas station and make the little kid pay. Inside of the nozzels where the chemical comes out there are rubber plugs to stop birds and insects from entering. Turns out they shoot out with such force they are like those non-leathal bullets. FIVE of them had it my car and left big black streaks and dents. ( There is a pick of one of them attached, they are all similar looking. ) Anyway, I am waiting on the police to find out what kind of reinbusment I will get for damages. I know had to by another new air flilter and cabin filter at 40 bucks each before I can run the car. Well, I have a lot of work a head of my. Thanks for letting me vent!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the picture size...

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man I would have been...argh I hear your pain!
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Looking for 22% Discount TheCompleteLook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I woulda killed myself. AFTER killing the kid. Make sure you get reimbursed for all this trouble and work.
    Rob
    www.thecompletelook.net

Thread Information