Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks JGV,

Your not kidding about hype over here in the US. During the past 18 years Ive heard and seen all the claims by everyone. Teflon coatings, poly coatings that last over 1year, claims of petroleum dissalates destorying finishes etc.

Im glad to see you like these products and know how to use them. I learned how to properly detail cars through my friends father who ownes a body shop. He works on many high end cars Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, Porsche, Corvette, Volvo, Lamborghini. He is located in NY and does work for many of the local dealers.

He showed me how to properly polish a car using finer and finer polishes to remove swirls and defects until the car looked perfect. New paint jobs were left glazed, but a sealant could be used on cars with cured paint.

I also really like the Malms, Poor Boys, 3M and Megires lines of products. I was really impressed with Menzerna products though. Their products burnish the paint with out the use of oils and fillers. Most defects can be buffed out. FP is less abrasive than most other polishes on the market and adds that extra pop to a dark car.

I stayed with a polymer acrylic product like Klasse because of the protection they offer. Volvo paint is soft and scratches easily. I also live in NY so acid rain can etch the finish. Carnauba topper gives it the POP Im looking for. Since I work alot, I don`t have the time to devote to detailing the car, so I wanted something that would give the finish pop and hence the topper. Carnauba alone is not a good option for a daily driver.

I was going to order UPP, EX-EXP or Blackfire, but I read about FMJ and decided to wait and give it a try since I was impressed with the polish. Needless to say Im glad I waited.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m really confused......

The word out there is the FMJ is a pink stuff, not white :huh

And the glaze is tan :huh

What`s going on? Where did you get your products from?

Both CMA and PAC say it`s their colors :doh
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Is PAC going to carry the new Menzerna stuff too?

I got my Menzerna stuff from CMA... But Dwayne...if you`ve got them...let me know. I definetly up for more FP-II! Great stuff!

Jose...Any idea of the different colors of FMJ? I`ll send you some pink one if you`d like to compare.

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face CMA

OT : I saw this reply to Dalton at au****a when he asks about discount, it kinda pissed me off reading that. For me as a potential customer it gives me an impression of arrogance, well that`s just my opinion.

We try to be fair and offer the same price to all our customers. We do not give discounts because you drive a certain car or belong to a certain club. We try and treat everyone equally.
    Terry Freiberg
    Classic Motoring acc

Post Thanks / Like
    What was the original question? But yes...the response sounded a bit harsh...

I didn`t really have a problem with the price as I got the kit. For me, I needed more FP and and extra 30 bucks for the wash, FP-II and the glaze sounded ok for me.

Otherwise, i`ve had good experiences with Jan and Terry at CMA. The new Menzerna stuff kicks ass...and I`m glad I got it

-Chris

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    His question was "Does CMA give discounts to forum members?"

I`m not a PR expert but a simple `No,we are sorry, we do not give discount` is sufficient.

yeah Chris, their site do have some good stuff
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Chris Y.
    Is PAC going to carry the new Menzerna stuff too?

I got my Menzerna stuff from CMA... But Dwayne...if you`ve got them...let me know. I definetly up for more FP-II! Great stuff!

Jose...Any idea of the different colors of FMJ? I`ll send you some pink one if you`d like to compare.
    I have FMJ and all the Menzerna USA products in stock....

Need to put them online, just trying to find time with all these orders to fulfill is a challenge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by G_Pepperoni
    Just make sure they actually sand it down to the primer or at least past the clear. Hope they get the color right...color matching is so tough sometimes especially on a single stage paint. Oh yeah, thanks for the welcome.
    Welcome to DC.

You don`t have to sand to remove sealants/cross linked polymer. A good chemical cleaner will do it. PPG #440 Wax and Grease remover is made to do that kind of work and all major brands of body shop paint cleaners will have a product to do that work. It`s use prior to painting. :welcome :welcome
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information