Post Thanks / Like

AIO/UPP Week 1 update...after the wash

After a week, severe rains, 500 miles, 75 mph + insectile suicides and concrete splatters. Here is an update on the AIO/UPP.

Almost nothing actually stuck to the paint, 95% of all the bugs, dirt, tar etc was washed off by the initial rinse. There were only a few `shadows` of visible dirt on the car...even in high splash areas and the rear bumper which really collects dirt.

What little bit that did not come off with the rinse easily wiped off with a MF and Meguiars "Deep Crytal" car wash. When rinsing the water sheeted rather than beaded off the car, leaving both large and micro beads on the surface (see pics)

THE ROOF

FENDER

HOOD

While the car seemed to have lost a bit of slickness, it is still extremely smooth. Visually, it`s seems to be better than before with a shine that is more like Zaino, and gloss/refectivity that is simple awesome.

Sorry, but I just started a long weekend (4 days) and I can safely say that at least 3 more coats of UPP will be applied...so much for the durability testing
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AIO/UPP Week 1 update...after the wash

Originally posted by Don
    While the car seemed to have lost a bit of slickness, it is still extremely smooth. Visually, it`s seems to be better than before with a shine that is more like Zaino, and gloss/refectivity that is simple awesome.
    Don:
    It may already be too late, but it would be interesting to see if using the Platinum Gloss Enhancer brings back the slickness. IMO, it does, but another opinion would certainly be welcome.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Re: AIO/UPP Week 1 update...after the wash

Originally posted by CharlesW

Don:
    It may already be too late, but it would be interesting to see if using the Platinum Gloss Enhancer brings back the slickness. IMO, it does, but another opinion would certainly be welcome.
    I`ll admit when I ordered, I was cheap and just got two bottles of UPP & no `extras` like the Gloss Enhancer. I still have some Z6 left or I could just use Eagle One Wet WipeNshine id I want a quick boost in slickness.

Other than that slight loss, in the rest of the areas (color, shine, reflectivity etc) it`s doing great.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don:
    Get the PGE, at least one bottle. You won`t regret it.

One thought about the beading and sheeting. I have always wondered how much of the way a product beads or sheets after washing is due to the shampoo used. When I use Meguiar`s Gold Class shampoo, I have less beading and larger beads. In many areas, the water literally runs off, even before I do the low water pressure/volume sheet rinse thing. This occurs with both my UPP vehicles and my S100 vehicle, so I`m thinking it is probably the shampoo.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    You are absolutely correct Charles. With some shampoos you will rinse and the water will sheet.
    After you rinse, dry the vehicle thoroughly and then try spraying the paint surface with water again and the beads will be back!

Boss_429

Re: Re: Re: AIO/UPP Week 1 update...after the wash

Originally posted by Don

I still have some Z6 left or I could just use Eagle One Wet WipeNshine id I want a quick boost in slickness.

Don,

Just don`t use the Z7 wash with UPP, or anything else other than "Z" for that matter. Z7 is a really strong wash, and can remove carnauba really easy. It might remove some UPP, so I wouldn`t try it.

Thread Information