I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok! there is such a thing as going over board!

I`ve noticed a lot of people lately on the board are just getting way to wrapped up in things. Wheather it be post whoring or anti whoring or just getting to involved in a topic. Keep the old moto "everything in moderation" in mind. It`s a great way to live. You can still be zelous about things just don`t let it get out of hand. Yes it`s very fustrating to see topics get destroyed all the time but if somone posts something off topic just leave it alone. Whore policeing just adds to the mess.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Post Thanks / Like
    I will have to disagree, there is a place to do all what you want here...

Its the threads that get carried away. way off topic...not the ones or two post that go off and are funny...

If im getting emails about a post to a product or procedure
    then someone posts way off base.....and it continues, and i continue to get emails...its not right..just not right....

Admin has put a place for all types of conversations....

my 2c`s
    jeff

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff you are right, and there is a place for everything including humor within a thread, but it can`t take over a persons thread looking for information....
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thread hijacking happens, it happens on every board. Admittedly, I am guilty of most (if not all) of it, but still. What it boils down to is some things simply cannot be carried to another thread. It jsut doenst have the right feel like it did in the previous thread.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Thread hijacking is not something that will be tolerated here at all. This is one of the reasons that I am utilizing the services of more moderators.

How is it stopped or prevented? Whenever anyone posts on this forum there is a link where people can click to report the post to a moderator.

Every moderator will be sent an email notification of the reported post and will act accordingly. That is why Koop mentioned not trying to police the threads which creates more and more off topic conversations within a thread.

Simply click the link to report the post and let the moderators do what they do best. Editing, deleting and moving posts. Warning those who need warning.... and banning those who can`t adhere to the rules.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by admin
    Thread hijacking is not something that will be tolerated here at all. This is one of the reasons that I am utilizing the services of more moderators.

How is it stopped or prevented? Whenever anyone posts on this forum there is a link where people can click to report the post to a moderator.

Every moderator will be sent an email notification of the reported post and will act accordingly. That is why Koop mentioned not trying to police the threads which creates more and more off topic conversations within a thread.

Simply click the link to report the post and let the moderators do what they do best. Editing, deleting and moving posts. Warning those who need warning.... and banning those who can`t adhere to the rules.
    Go Dwayne! Man, you`re on a roll lately! Making The Fuzz look like Barnie Phife.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    hehe i didn`t even know I was in seious contention to be a moderator when i posted this. Still stands though. Thx for backing me up Dwayne.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Thread Information