Thread: Zaino

Post Thanks / Like

Zaino

What do you guys think about zaino. People swear by it and talk about it like its the best thing since sliced bread. Why dont i see a lot of detailers using zaino? Is it because of the price or because of something els?

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino is a great product, although i havent personally used it....i have seen and heard quality testimonials about it.

B/c its synthetic the protection is long lasting and durable. Also, the majority of the protectants/solutions are clear (not white/cloudy like typical wax) so you can worry less about damaging truimming/molding.

However, in my opinion there are some major drawbacks regarding Zaino, especially if you Detail cars as a business.

Somedrawbacks:
    1) Zaino is significantly more expensive than other premium detailing products
    2) Zaino application (the complete Zaino process) is very lengthy, and requires `cure times` between coates...i wouldnt say its complicated, its just very time consuming.
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Boss_429
    I`ve used Zaino, and think it`s a very good product. However, I wouldn`t say...... "it`s the best thing since sliced bread"!

I agree that it`s not a product for a professional detailer. It`s geared towards the enthusiast.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using it for almost 4 yrs now. It is expensive however I probably only spend maybe $75 a yr on it. To me thats not to bad especially with the results
    Ryan

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using Zaino for some time now both personally and professionally and I think it`s s great product. I would agree with the other comments that it has a more involved application process than most products. I`ve had success in using it professionally mainly due to it`s durabilty. I have also found it easier to use since ZFX and the new formula was released. I reccommend Menzerna for pre Zaino polishing since it has no fillers.
    Doug Lucas
    The Detail Barn

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Zaino for the past 2 years. I have decided to move on. It is a quality product but is not as user friendly as many others (ie. poorboys). Also, the claims of the Z-5 as being a swirl remover are totally bogus. I would definitely NOT consider it the best thing since sliced bread.

Post Thanks / Like
    So whats the best swirl remover?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 360Modena
    So whats the best swirl remover?

In my humble opinion:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

Post Thanks / Like
    :yeah
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Thread Information